Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stone from Gombong, Java

4 posters

Go down

Stone from Gombong, Java Empty Stone from Gombong, Java

Post  Budi Sulistyo Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:57 am

Hi all,

Here is a stone from Gombong, Central Java that recently I got. It reminded me of the view I saw in Switzerland last year.
Your comment is well appreciated.
Stone from Gombong, Java Rock-110

Budi
Budi Sulistyo
Budi Sulistyo

Back to top Go down

Stone from Gombong, Java Empty Re: Stone from Gombong, Java

Post  spanish-suiseki-associati Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:50 pm

Hi Budi,

Is the tray of your suiseki bronze or pottery?

I like the texture of your stone.

Best regards,
spanish-suiseki-associati

Back to top Go down

Post  Budi Sulistyo Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:51 pm

The tray is made of fibre glass. It was painted like bronze.

Budi
Budi Sulistyo
Budi Sulistyo

Back to top Go down

Post  chiara Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:12 pm

Hi Budi, how are you ?

sorry but I'm not able see the picture on my screen. There is some problem ?
what is the reason why you use a try in fiber glass? I learnt that to diaplay stones must be used natual materials like ceramic or wood...
Chiara

chiara

Back to top Go down

Post  spanish-suiseki-associati Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:36 pm

Hi Budy,

Your tray looks fine, but I think so, as far as I know we should use ceramic or broze for our trays.

Best regards,
José Manuel Blázquez

Back to top Go down

Post  Norma Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:33 pm

Hi Budi,

You have shown a wonderful mountain stone in a tray that is lovely. It does look like bronze !! I see no reason to fault your choice of display. This forum has seen many discussions about what is appropriate and what is not ! This is an art form with the fluidity of expression that is inherent to all great art. I think it wise to understand how others see suiseki past and present but perhaps we should broaden our view to one that is global.

Chiara and Jose, I find it strange that you assume something that is produced such as ceramic or bronze metal is more natural than fiber glass. All are made from by-products of our natural world.

Thanks again Budi...

Norma
Norma
Norma

Back to top Go down

Post  Budi Sulistyo Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:17 pm

Hi Norma,

Thanks for your support on my pot and display.

Hi Chiara and also Jose,

Nice to meet you again here. Concerning with the tray, I accept the reality that ceramics and bronze have more dignity as the tray of a good suiseki. It has nothing to do with right or wrong.
Suiseki is relatively a new art in Indonesia. We concerned more on the stones quality or trees on bonsai. As our country is a developing country, importing good ceramic pots and bronze trays for the time being is considered too expensive for us. We tried to use available local material for our tray, so that we can display our suiseki properly at least from the appearance.
I am sure that some time in the future more and more doban will be used replacing the fiber glass material.

Regards,
Budi
Budi Sulistyo
Budi Sulistyo

Back to top Go down

Post  chiara Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:47 pm

Hi Budi,
I understand and you are lucky to find suiban for a cheaper price.
I never saw trays like this one. Sometime I saw trays made with wood or in China with marble, but normally are not used for stones.
I think that ceramic, bronze and wood can acquire the patina that is one of the most important goals for a stone collector. I dont know this material and so I dont know if it can reach a good patina. This the reasn why i'm a little bit hesistant
Are you going to NeW Orleans? I will take a decision in these days...
Chiara

chiara

Back to top Go down

Post  Budi Sulistyo Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:28 pm

chiara wrote:Hi Budi,
I understand and you are lucky to find suiban for a cheaper price.
I never saw trays like this one. Sometime I saw trays made with wood or in China with marble, but normally are not used for stones.
I think that ceramic, bronze and wood can acquire the patina that is one of the most important goals for a stone collector. I dont know this material and so I dont know if it can reach a good patina. This the reasn why i'm a little bit hesistant
Are you going to NeW Orleans? I will take a decision in these days...
Chiara

Hi Chiara,
We have to use whatever affordable material to support the hobby. Fiberglass suiban is much cheaper and look quite similar to that of bronze one. The weakness is that they will not last as long as bronze, especially if we put it under the sun.
Yes, I will go to New Orleans.
By the way, could you please ask Marcella about my order on the exhibition book in the last convention. I have paid by pay pal and email Marcella, but I got no response.

Budi
Budi Sulistyo
Budi Sulistyo

Back to top Go down

Post  chiara Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:05 am

Hi Budi,

Sandro segneri, responsable for the catalogue had a lot of probelms with. we hope that il will be printed in May and to bring it at he convention: Sandro and I we will be there.
Chiara

chiara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down