iPhoto Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

iPhoto Question

Post  bonsaisr on Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:57 am

I wasn't sure where to put this, so move it where it belongs. Some of you are familiar with iPhoto (9) and have helped me before.
I have a large number of pictures to send my sister-in-law and the most practical way is on a CD. But how do I put comments or details on the CD along with the pictures?
Thank you,
Iris

bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Re: iPhoto Question

Post  Cliff on Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:54 am

You can put it on the disk as a web album and your sister-in-law can use a web browser to see it.

First make an album of the photos you want to send and open that album.

Select a photo. Type a name and description or comment for that photo in the Info box. Repeat for each photo. (If you don't see the Info box, use the Photos / Show Photo Info menu command or click the circled "i" button to show it.)

When finished click the album to select it, and use the File / Export menu command. In the dialog click the "Web Page" tab. Enter a name for the web album, how many rows & columns of thumbnails you want per page, and the sizes you want for the thumbnails and big photos. Check the Show Title and Show Comment boxes to have the photo names and descriptions included. Click the Export button and choose someplace on your hard disk to store the web album.

When it finishes creating the web album, go to that folder in the Finder and open the index.html file to see how it looks. If it's okay, burn the contents of that folder onto a CD or DVD.

Last edited by Cliff on Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)

Cliff

Back to top Go down

iPhoto Question

Post  bonsaisr on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:41 pm

Thanks. I was thinking of assembling them in my page layout program and sending as a PDF.
Iris

bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Re: iPhoto Question

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:23 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum