Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acer palmatum is blooming (Northern Hemispere; Autumn)

3 posters

Go down

Acer palmatum is blooming (Northern Hemispere; Autumn)  Empty Acer palmatum is blooming (Northern Hemispere; Autumn)

Post  Todd Ellis Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:38 am

I have a potted Acer palmatum, variety is Aekane Le's. It is a "Harp String" type, thin leaves, blood red. Anyway, I noticed that it was flowering today. I am concerned because it is Autumn now; it has dropped its leaves... its suppose to slow down and go to sleep. Should I pick off the flowers or just let it do what it wants to do? I was thinking about planting it in the ground. Please share your thoughts and suggestions.
Thanks!
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Acer palmatum is blooming (Northern Hemispere; Autumn)  Empty Re: Acer palmatum is blooming (Northern Hemispere; Autumn)

Post  JimLewis Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:12 pm

Odd.

Trees often bloom profusely when under severe stress. It will be hard to tell what's happening if the leaves are gone (early for that????). Planting in a rich organic soil or in he ground and giveing careful wither protection MAY be a good idea.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Acer palmatum is blooming (Northern Hemispere; Autumn)  Empty Re: Acer palmatum is blooming (Northern Hemispere; Autumn)

Post  bisjoe Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:17 pm

The odd weather this year has caused a lot of wierd things to happen. Up on our main road across the city, many of the azaleas are in full bloom, a full 6 months early. We have two 40' Aspens, which we bought largely for the fall color. One is still totally green, while the other is losing it's leaves without turning color, still green and healthy looking but falling off.

bisjoe
bisjoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down