Japanese beetles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Japanese beetles

Post  JimLewis on Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:41 pm

It's coming on Japanese beetle season again (the subject came up in another thread here). I think I've found a solution. Chickens. I suspect, however, that you'll have to move to the country to take advantage of this solution, since few towns like them wandering around free (or caged for that matter).

At any rate, since we inherited the neighbors brood of fighting cocks and hens, we've hardy seen a Japanese beetle -- not even on our Rose of Sharon or on real roses. They forage everywhere on the property, and appear to be getting the larvae, too.

Now if I could just train the roosters not to start crowing at 3 a,m.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese beetles

Post  TreeKiller64 on Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:29 am

Hey Jim,,,
Chickens are good, but like you said, its a country thing,,, I suggest you get a green pheramone traps and gift wrapping it as a gift to a neighbor down the block,,, far down the block,,, jocolor
but most bonsai are small,, Seven does do wonders,,, and so could a fine screen covering.
I have a yard linden right in the yard, I'm waiting for it to start screaming to those buggers that "Dinner is Served!"
Then I have to watch out..

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum