Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A really, really lonesome Pine, somewhere in Wyoming.

+6
hibonsai
Todd Ellis
Hawaiian77
Neil Jaeger
ogie
Harleyrider
10 posters

Go down

A really, really lonesome Pine, somewhere in Wyoming. Empty A really, really lonesome Pine, somewhere in Wyoming.

Post  Harleyrider Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:04 pm

For those of you who don't subscribe to National geographic magazine, I thought I'd share this pic from a recent issue. The right edge got chopped somewhat but the next size down was too small.

A really, really lonesome Pine, somewhere in Wyoming. NatGeoPine

Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

A really, really lonesome Pine, somewhere in Wyoming. Empty this one for the books

Post  ogie Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:29 pm

thanks for sharing...nothing beats beauty of the nature cheers ThumbsUp
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

A really, really lonesome Pine, somewhere in Wyoming. Empty Re: A really, really lonesome Pine, somewhere in Wyoming.

Post  Neil Jaeger Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:06 pm

ogie wrote:thanks for sharing...nothing beats beauty of the nature cheers ThumbsUp

I hear that!! All by its self, fighting the battle to stay alive. What an amazing tree!!
Neil Jaeger
Neil Jaeger

Back to top Go down

A really, really lonesome Pine, somewhere in Wyoming. Empty Re: A really, really lonesome Pine, somewhere in Wyoming.

Post  Hawaiian77 Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:52 am

Howzit Harleyrider,

Ruggedly Beautiful my friend. ThumbsUp Mahalo for sharing.

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:55 am

The stories that tree could tell.... Amazing! Very Happy
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  hibonsai Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:34 am

Nothing beats mother nature's jin & shari, truly beautiful.

hibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsaistud Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:55 pm

G'Day Harley...

That pine is great, and, beautiful countryside out there...

Pat...the Stranger on the White Horse Riding off Wildly in all Directions...
bonsaistud
bonsaistud

Back to top Go down

Post  ogi uyehara Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:05 am

wow Shocked
ogi uyehara
ogi uyehara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Ogranaja Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:26 am

Thanks for posting. Amazing sight.

Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  newzealandteatree Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:39 am

These are nature's wonders. I read that some of them are over 4,000 years old. In a recent artilce in the New York Times it was reported that they are now being challenged by a deadly double whammy of fugus and beetle. The experts are pessimistic. The race is on to save them. I hope they succeed. Thanks for posting.

CJ
newzealandteatree
newzealandteatree

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:24 am

Amazing, powerful and beautiful.

(Are you entitled to reproduce the photograph from the National Geographic magazines - copyrights?).

Regards
Morten Albek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down