Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guangdong Bonsai Exhibition - control -alt-delete your bonsai perceptions

+14
jonathan e
Rudi_G
hin175
Jerry Meislik
gm.it.seacom
bontailo
Todd Ellis
irene_b
mike page
sulrich
Andrija Zokic
Khaimraj Seepersad
jrodriguez
Rob Kempinski
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Guangdong Bonsai Exhibition - control -alt-delete your bonsai perceptions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Guangdong Bonsai Exhibition - control -alt-delete your bonsai perceptions

Post  Andrija Zokic Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:39 pm

will baddeley wrote:
Andrija Zokic wrote:
sulrich wrote:
A friend of mine styles bonsai that is a mix of the Japanese and the Chinese style, sot that is also a possible way to go.
Now that sounds really interesting, I'd love to see pictures of these :-)

Me too!
It is interesting that Chinese bonsaist are not ashamed of scars on broadleaf trees.
Ashamed? I thought the Uro was an accepted feature of Japanese bonsai..

In many case scars are not welcome on Japanese broadleaf trees. To me looks cool.
Thanks Rob for new photos!
Andrija Zokic
Andrija Zokic

Back to top Go down

Guangdong Bonsai Exhibition - control -alt-delete your bonsai perceptions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Guangdong Bonsai Exhibition - control -alt-delete your bonsai perceptions

Post  Guest Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:48 pm

I love holes in my trees too but then I advocate deadwood on deciduous trees as well. Give us some more Rob. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  gm.it.seacom Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:52 pm

some truly worldclass penjings!!!
Thanks for the post.
I would really want to know from all the people who have created these penjings that how do they create such beautiful rafts?specially those in the bridges styles as mentioned?i would be grateful if anyone helps me with this?we have traditional rafts in our country..
gm.it.seacom
gm.it.seacom

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:12 am

As for making the aerial rafts, it's rather simple. At some point in the trees development simply excavate the area under the raft.

Not much time to post as we are in Nanking and quite busy but a couple more.

Some variety of conifer. Note the figurine.
Guangdong Bonsai Exhibition - control -alt-delete your bonsai perceptions  - Page 2 China_21

A Podocarpus.
Guangdong Bonsai Exhibition - control -alt-delete your bonsai perceptions  - Page 2 China_22
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:48 am

Some more to enjoy. Very intereswting stand under this tree. Question

Guangdong Bonsai Exhibition - control -alt-delete your bonsai perceptions  - Page 2 China_23

Cool pot. Not sure of the species. Looks like it says mountain something in Chinese. Could be a Sageretia theezan, there were quite a few of them at the show.
Guangdong Bonsai Exhibition - control -alt-delete your bonsai perceptions  - Page 2 China_24

Once again not certain of the species. Perhaps an Orange Jasmine (Murraya paniculata )
Guangdong Bonsai Exhibition - control -alt-delete your bonsai perceptions  - Page 2 China_25
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:13 am

Rob,

thanks for the truly amazing photos.

I got questions regarding the first penjing with tall rock with the lazy figurine- how on earth did they planted those trees in that rock? seems to be hard type of rock. was it hollowed out in some portions? if its hollow in some portion the water must flow out somewhere of it due to water logged problem? i cant see any roots at the base of the rock from your photo scratch study

regards,
jun

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Meislik Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:34 pm

Rob,
Have a safe and exciting trip.
Thanks for posting the photos and opening our eyes and minds.
Jerry
Jerry Meislik
Jerry Meislik

Back to top Go down

Post  hin175 Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:24 pm

Hi, do you have any pictures of this tree ?
I have almost the same... but not so beautiful ! Rolling Eyes
Guangdong Bonsai Exhibition - control -alt-delete your bonsai perceptions  - Page 2 China_10
thanks by advance, Damien
hin175
hin175

Back to top Go down

Post  Rudi_G Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:39 pm

Inspirational!

Rudi_G

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:16 pm

hin175 wrote:Hi, do you have any pictures of this tree ?
I have almost the same... but not so beautiful ! Rolling Eyes
Guangdong Bonsai Exhibition - control -alt-delete your bonsai perceptions  - Page 2 China_10
thanks by advance, Damien

Damien, I believe you asked about this one.

Note sure what species it was - either a Crape Myrle or a Eugenia of some sort.
Guangdong Bonsai Exhibition - control -alt-delete your bonsai perceptions  - Page 2 China_29
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  hin175 Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:32 pm

thanks a lot !
From far, it seems to be a chines elm... like mine...
Very interesting features, and more globally, very nice show !
Damien
hin175
hin175

Back to top Go down

Post  jonathan e Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:28 am

Wow. Amazing. Thanks. A couple of those required me to pick my eyeballs up from the floor. The aesthtic possibilities suggested by these trees, despite some of their kitschy aspects, are something we in the west should really take note of.

-jonathan

jonathan e

Back to top Go down

Post  RichLewis Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:18 am

There's something very dramatic about Chinese bonsai!

Thanks for posting

RichLewis

Back to top Go down

Guangdong Bonsai Exhibition - control -alt-delete your bonsai perceptions  - Page 2 Empty BCI

Post  bonsaisr Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:57 pm

Rob Kempinski wrote:I am going to take over as the President of BCI soon
Please tone down the suiseki in the magazine. Our club members want a BONSAI magazine.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugeye Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:59 pm

I have to disagree. Rob please keep the STONES. There is room for both. Cool

Bugeye

Back to top Go down

Guangdong Bonsai Exhibition - control -alt-delete your bonsai perceptions  - Page 2 Empty BCI

Post  bonsaisr Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:25 pm

That's OK. Clubs that want both will continue to subscribe. Clubs that are not interested in so much suiseki will drop out. Let the market decide.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:06 pm

Mainland China Bonsai are awesome!
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  Max Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:04 pm

Even though it's quite a while: Thanks for these pics, Rob!
Have you got some further pics of the "bridge style" in your archive?

Best wishes
Max
Max
Max

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next