Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my nursery today.

4 posters

Go down

my nursery today. Empty my nursery today.

Post  Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:59 pm

Hi IBC.
i got new podocarpus materials today that i took to my nursery. also took some photo of my other trees.
welcome to my nursery and enjoy the old and young trees. some trees i have posted before have development since then.

THE BIG GUYS of the farm...

my nursery today. Dsc_0929

ficus. ht-130cm

my nursery today. Dsc_0930

hard wood tree locally called "malabayabas"- ht-150cm. this tree used to have one massive trunk before i chopped it into two trunk to have a twin trunk effect.

my nursery today. Dsc_0931

another "malabayabas".ht-125cm hollow trunk. the one on the right is my giant murraya same specie in my "two tree" post

my nursery today. Dsc_0932
the nebari

my nursery today. Dsc_0933

another one. ht-120cm. need more wood works on the top. next summer maybe.

my nursery today. Dsc_0934

nebari. i need to solve the inverse taper

my nursery today. Dsc_0935

is this a twisted trunk or what? remember this one. fruit bearing tree. locally called "duhat". grow faster branches dude! i cant wait to wrestle with this tree... ht-130cm

The PODOCARPUS...

my nursery today. Dsc_0936
the small one im using for practice purposes

now im ready with these guys...i hope.
my nursery today. Dsc_0937
slanting

my nursery today. Dsc_0938
upright. nice nebari under the soil

my nursery today. Dsc_0939
the twin trunk. got a wonderful nebari too.

SOME of THE OTHER new TREES...

my nursery today. Dsc_0940
vitex sp. im planning to remove the horizontal/bar branch and lift/ rotate the tree clockwise. i didnt thought il have new growth on the deadwood area. this is the same specie as my thumb size trees posted before.

my nursery today. Dsc_0941
my literati lime berry, this would be a good addition on my literati collection... i cant wait to see the red berries on the tip.

my nursery today. Dsc_0942
a good size catch of lime berry. the biggest trunk size with complete nebari that i am aware of.

my nursery today. Dsc_0943

this is my experiment section/bench new tropical species for bonsai. the one in front is a wild fruit bearing tree, called "catmon", still little success with leaf reduction. this is were my tropical beauty berry graduated with flying colors.
now, i got another beauty berry under development somewhere here... bigger and better.

OTHER THAN TREES...

my nursery today. Dsc_0944
experimenting on natural rock pot/ container, for one of my cascade tree. inspired by one of walter's stone pot.

my nursery today. Dsc_0945

landscape penjing... need some more refinement and still thinking of a suitable tree, or dwarf bamboo perhaps?

i hope you enjoy your visit to my humble nursery.

regards,
jun

Back to top Go down

my nursery today. Empty Re: my nursery today.

Post  Hans van Meer. Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:43 pm

WOW! Jun, you got some great and BIG material there. Laughing
The close up of the hollow super nebari, makes my mouth water! Very Happy
I am glad you showed them! All for me, amazing and rear species to admire!
Thanks,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:49 pm

Hans,
thanks.
i really like rare and weird trees. alien

regards,
jun

Back to top Go down

my nursery today. Empty My Nursery today

Post  bonsaisr Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:54 pm

As if I didn't have enough trouble with zone envy. Mad
Malabayabas is Tristania decorticata.
"The genus Tristania is reported to be composed of small to medium-sized trees that occur in the Indo-Malayan region, extending into Australia, the Philippines, and Indonesia. Some species in the genus have also been introduced into other tropical regions. In the Philippines,Tristania decorticata is reported to be generally found on low ridges near the coast."
Now you know.
Iris

Last edited by bonsaisr on Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correction)
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:11 pm

Iris,
thanks.
and thanks for the detailed info. il try to remember it. study study sunny

if i can only send you one of "malabayabas" i got smaller version of these trees, i'll ask my brother if he can bring one, he lives in NY and he'll be coming over next week.

regards,
jun

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:10 pm

jun wrote:Iris,
thanks.
and thanks for the detailed info. il try to remember it. study study sunny

if i can only send you one of "malabayabas" i got smaller version of these trees, i'll ask my brother if he can bring one, he lives in NY and he'll be coming over next week.

regards,
jun

Jun again WOW!
What a lovely offer to make! Here is your change Iris! Smile
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  -Brent- Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:55 pm

Jun, what an awesome collection of really outstanding material. Looks like you have much hard work to look forward to ie. the best part Very Happy

Good luck,
Brent
-Brent-
-Brent-

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsaisr Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:02 pm

Oh good lord! Shocked
Thank you for the kind offer, but I don't know where I would put it. I recently purchased a Florida buttonwood, a tiny shohin Ficus salicaria, a pygmy bamboo, and a Hong Kong kumquat. I am getting my plant room ready for fall, where the tropical bonsai will be jostling orchids under fluorescent lights, another planet from your conditions. I don't know where everything is going to fit. Where in New York does your brother live? He is always welcome to visit upstate NY, which is hundreds of miles from NYC, but is getting to be lively bonsai country. (Rochester and Albany have been bonsai hog heaven for years.)
I often wonder, do the tropical folks envy us with our larches? Question
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:39 am

Iris,

my brother lives in NYC. he's in the service, an army captain and a nice guy. i'll ask him to visit you with the tree. it will be a good addition for your tropical collection.
...and oh yes, we envy your trees, not just the larches but maples and the changing of foliage colors of your trees when the season changes.
Smile

regards,
jun Smile

Brent,

thanks.
yes, i guess il be very busy next summer.

regards,
jun

Hans,

thanks again.
if you want one. I could also send you one tropical tree. give me your address, i'll see if i can do something about it. do you have a pemphis?

regards,
jun

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsaisr Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:46 am

I googled on catmon, but it doesn't look anything like your picture. Two species with the same name?
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:47 am

Jun, I love seeing your nursery photos. You always have beautiful material. I'm drooling!!!!!! What kind of work do you do to earn your living? Is your nursery your livelyhood (income producer)?
Salut,
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsaisr Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:56 am

Duhat is Syzygium jambolanum. It is related to the Australian lilly pilly, a popular bonsai subject. In this country, Syzygium paniculatum, the Australian brush cherry, is very widely sold as an indoor bonsai for the North.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:53 am

on "catmon"-yes, probably so Iris. its a fruit bearing tree with nice leathery thick leaves...if i can only reduce the leaf size of these trees, they would be stunning bonsai materials. i think this specie can tolerate cold climate, i see these trees mostly under the shades of bigger trees near river banks or swamp.

here is another wild tropical tree i'm experimenting on...
my nursery today. Dsc_0946

i havent identified it yet. got interested in the trunk so i took it also. i took two of these and planted in a two different soil medium...im testing which one will die first. just kidding.
i have several other species which i am having a good results... i'll post it soon.

regards,
jun

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:34 am

Todd,

thanks Todd!

im a bonsai nursery robber by profession. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad just kidding Very Happy

my trees are for my own collection only at least for now. who knows. some, i used for gifts to my clients.
im a practicing general building contractor, interior, landscape, and architectural designer... i have a company who build and design medium rise buildings, commercial establishments, and residences. i need lot of jobs to support my second wife--- bonsai that is. bounce bounce

regards,
ju

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down