Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best overheard Q&A from my club's exhibition

4 posters

Go down

Best overheard Q&A from my club's exhibition Empty Best overheard Q&A from my club's exhibition

Post  jersanct Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:02 am

My club, the Bonsai Society of Greater St. Louis, recently held our fall exhibition. I spent three days at the show answering questions, tasering drunk men who grabbed foliage pads to see if the trees were real, etc.

There were many very good questions, and a few funny questions, as well ("when it says 'age' and 'years in training', is that talking about the trees or the artists?")...but the best question came from a boy hurrying through the exhibit with his grandmother.

Boy: "Grandma...I don't understand...aren't these usually shaped like animals?"

Grandma: "Yes."

Now that's one I've never heard.
jersanct
jersanct

Back to top Go down

Best overheard Q&A from my club's exhibition Empty Re: Best overheard Q&A from my club's exhibition

Post  Hawaiian77 Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:06 am

jersanct wrote:
Boy: "Grandma...I don't understand...aren't these usually shaped like animals?"

Man, thats gotta be the best!! thumbs up

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Best overheard Q&A from my club's exhibition Empty Re: Best overheard Q&A from my club's exhibition

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:11 am

The boy had been to Disney World near Orlando, FL. On the entrance roads they have large containers planted with shrub material and shaped as animals, usually related to Disney themes. Sometimes Disney uses a metal form and vines also.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Jones Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:15 pm

All I can add to this is, many-many years ago on a permission granted field collecting trip, a couple of new enthusiasts were moaning. Both said similar:

" We give up, there is nothing here, not one of these things looks like a Bonsai, when are we ever going to find a Bonsai tree?"

Mike
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down