Flowering black pine

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Flowering black pine

Post  Tzung Tzan on Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:37 am

The sweetest little thing. Flowering black pine.








Tzung Tzan
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Flowering black pine

Post  ogi uyehara on Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:46 am

nice one. first time to see a pine blooms. bounce

ogi uyehara
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Flowering black pine

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:57 am

Sorry to say it, but it is not a good sign. It is a sign of the tree being stressed. Probably due to root problem. I assume it needs a repotting to establish what kind of problem the tree suffers. Normally a healthy pine specimen produces dark green vigorous growth instead of flowering. Flowering is a sign of the tree trying to reproduce it self for survival of the specie.

It is very important that you remove all the flowers to lead the energy to growth in stead of flowering that will weaken the tree.

Best regards and good luck with your tree.

Morten

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Flowering black pine

Post  Tzung Tzan on Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:06 am

Morten Albek wrote:Sorry to say it, but it is not a good sign. It is a sign of the tree being stressed. Probably due to root problem. I assume it needs a repotting to establish what kind of problem the tree suffers. Normally a healthy pine specimen produces dark green vigorous growth instead of flowering. Flowering is a sign of the tree trying to reproduce it self for survival of the specie.

It is very important that you remove all the flowers to lead the energy to growth in stead of flowering that will weaken the tree.

Best regards and good luck with your tree.

Morten

Hi Morten, its funny you should say this, but this pine is the odd one out of pine collection. Its been flowering like this for the past 15 years even after repotting!!

Tzung Tzan
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Flowering black pine

Post  Rob Kempinski on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:51 am

Edward, Interesting time for pine flowers. My trees show them in spring. Unless you are south of the equator.

Rob Kempinski
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Flowering black pine

Post  Tzung Tzan on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:18 pm

Rob Kempinski wrote:Edward, Interesting time for pine flowers. My trees show them in spring. Unless you are south of the equator.

Hi Rob, yes I live in the south of the equator in Australia. I just wanted to show this perculiar but sweet little pine tree. I use to think it was stressed or dying but after years of producing this much male cones each year. Im at a loss to understand why? This particular pine produces cones alot earlier than my other pines and in so much quantity as well as the colours start from yellow, then orange then to a vivid golden orange, then brown colour. I have about 10 other black pines, they all get the same sort of soil, watering, fertilising and only this one behaves oddly. Infact most of my other black pines just produces alot of candles with very little or no male pollen cones. I think its just the genetics of this particular pine.

Tzung Tzan
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Flowering black pine

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:01 pm

Sorry if I have worried you unnecessary, but normally this is a sign of weakness/stress of some sort. If the tree is fine and grow well, I apologize to the tree and you Very Happy

Regards
Morten

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Flowering black pine

Post  Tzung Tzan on Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:43 pm

Morten Albek wrote:Sorry if I have worried you unnecessary, but normally this is a sign of weakness/stress of some sort. If the tree is fine and grow well, I apologize to the tree and you Very Happy

Regards
Morten

Hi Morten, Theres no need to say sorry. Infact I should say "thank you" for trying to help. I use to think the same as you that the tree is weak but this pine behaves differently from my other pines. I am in the southern hemisphere and its spring at the moment. All my other pines have very few or no male pollen candles. I dont know why only this one is different. All my pines get the same sort of soil mix, same watering and same fertiliser. Unless its another type of pine tree that I dont know of. Im still not sure if its a Japanese black pine.

Tzung Tzan
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Flowering black pine

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:21 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum