My new creation

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My new creation

Post  Nik Rozman on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:51 pm

Today I would like to tell you the story of one of my first better yamadori that I dug up. I found it in 2008, high in the local mountains.

After the tree had reasted for one year, I decided to cut all of the old needles. I have done thet, so that all new shoots had enough light.

And now these days I saw that the tree was helthy enough to give it its first major styling . My first task was to create some belivable deadwood.

And after that the styling of the crown. Applying raffia, Rubber tape, wire... This is how the pine looks like now. In spring the bonsai goes into a propper pot and there we are.
For now the crown looks too much like a triangle so in the future I hope it will become more like a dome.

And a little just for fun geek

I hope you like it as much as I do. Comments and critics are welcome.

Nik Rozman

Back to top Go down

Re: My new creation

Post  Seth Ellwood on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:04 am

Very nice transfromation it will only improve with time.

Seth Ellwood

Back to top Go down

Post  MACH5 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:05 am

Hi Nik. It's a really nice pine with great movement. It's a nice transformation from its wild beginnings. When it fills out it can be stunning. I'll be honest, the one thing I am not too crazy about is the jin work. It looks a bit artificial and overworked. But then again that's just my opinion and if you really like it then that's what's important Wink

Cheers

MACH5

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski on Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:41 am

The tree has come a long way and will improve. Maybe the left branch needs to be a bit lower.

And I agree the jin work look a little over the top.

Did you carve your name in the root? Like an artist signing his work, you may start a new trend.

Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik Rozman on Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:57 am

Tkank you for your comments. Yes I know I overdid it a little with the top jin (that is which you ment?) so I plan to modify it a little in the future.

And yes Rob, I wrote my name into a dead root that will be removed when the tree gets repoted. Rolling Eyes

Keep the comments comming.

Nik Rozman

Back to top Go down

Post  trantanhung_nt on Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:17 am

Hi Freinds ,
I am very interesting about IT .
Thank you very much Mr. NIK ROZMAN .
Best Regards ,
Hưng - Trần .

trantanhung_nt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian Young on Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:42 am

Nik,

Love it. Nice progression shots and once the deadwood weathers a little bit more and it fills out, you'll have a stunning tree. What height is it now? Is this what you call your 'Signature' tree? Smile

Sorry about the home defeat in the euro qualifiers on Friday night but our wee country rarely wins away and I spilt my beer when we scored Dance

Ian Young

Back to top Go down

Nice work

Post  GiantHolmOak on Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:16 pm

Agreed with most above, great transformation with a nice shape to it thumbs up thumbs up

GiantHolmOak

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik Rozman on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:03 pm

Ian Young wrote:Nik,

Love it. Nice progression shots and once the deadwood weathers a little bit more and it fills out, you'll have a stunning tree. What height is it now? Is this what you call your 'Signature' tree? Smile

This pine is now 45 cm high - pot not included

If by 'Signature tree' you ment the one in the red circle, the it is not. That is this azalea of mine:

Ian Young wrote:Sorry about the home defeat in the euro qualifiers on Friday night but our wee country rarely wins away and I spilt my beer when we scored Dance

No problem, it's not over yet Very Happy Wink

Nik Rozman

Back to top Go down

Post  bumblebee on Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:12 pm

Keep your initials on the tree!

Libby

bumblebee

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian Young on Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:35 pm

Nik,

Sorry, I'm Football Mad and couldn't miss the chance to gloat with someone from Slovenia Embarassed We don't win very often but we look forward to your return match at Windsor Park in Belfast. I think we beat you last time there as well bounce

By 'signature tree', I was trying to be funny because you signed your name on the root Very Happy

Love the Azalea too.

Ian Young

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik Rozman on Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:02 pm

Ian Young wrote:Nik,

Sorry, I'm Football Mad and couldn't miss the chance to gloat with someone from Slovenia Embarassed We don't win very often but we look forward to your return match at Windsor Park in Belfast. I think we beat you last time there as well bounce

By 'signature tree', I was trying to be funny because you signed your name on the root Very Happy

Love the Azalea too.

So you played a little word game with me Twisted Evil Well, guess it is my 'Signature tree' Laughing

By the way. Has anyone got any ideas for the pot? Virtuals are welcome. Wink

Nik Rozman

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian Young on Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:23 pm

Here's a couple of pot virtuals.

Ian Young

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik Rozman on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:00 pm

Thanks Ian to make these two virts' so quickly. I really like the first one. I think that's the one. ThumbsUp

Nik Rozman

Back to top Go down

Post  ybonsai on Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Hello Nick,

Good mugo.

Love the styling, looking forward when the tree matured more.

Only I'm not into deadwood that's worked by powertools ,by hand is more work but the work pays to make beautiful deadwood(i love to work deadwood by hand,i can spend hours doing it).
But i think in time it will look much better.

Best regards,
Yannick

ybonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik Rozman on Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:52 pm

Rob Kempinski wrote:The tree has come a long way and will improve. Maybe the left branch needs to be a bit lower.

And I agree the jin work look a little over the top.

Did you carve your name in the root? Like an artist signing his work, you may start a new trend.

Btw Rob, I hope to meet you in person in Pragh. Smile

Nik Rozman

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik Rozman on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:21 pm

Update.
Today the pine was transplanted into this temporary pot. This pot is still too big and the shape is not perfect for the tree. But it's close. I'm wery satisfied with this pine. Razz

Nik Rozman

Back to top Go down

Post  ybonsai on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:17 pm

Looks nice, still some time and more progression and the pot is ready for its final pot.
Is more you see this like a trainingpot and thats good.

You still have much of the old soil close at the roots?

ybonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik Rozman on Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:39 am

Yes. There is still lots/most of the mountain soil there, because I did not want to desturb the roots too much. Actually I planed to repot this one next year, but the wooden box started to decompose, so I had no choice.

And on pis for size comparisson. Very Happy

Nik Rozman

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:35 am

Hi Nik Rozman

Lovely tree...lucky happy guy.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  tomas g on Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:13 pm

It looks really good! I like it a lot. You did a good work on that one.

tomas g

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik Rozman on Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:06 pm

Updated & upgraded Very Happy

I changed the angle of the tree a bit. Plus I brought the lowest branch closer to the trunk. I think the transformation change of the tree from last time is heuge. Hope you like it. Smile

Cheers, Nik Bagpiper

Nik Rozman

Back to top Go down

Post  Loke Emil on Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:42 pm

Hi Nik

well done Cool ...And looking at the tree with the new angle, I get the feeling that such a compact/tight composition would benefit from loosing most of that hanging lower branch - but only the hanging 'cloud': From the picture, the remaining branch base appears to accentuate the shape of the trunk in a more subtle way. Is this an obtion, in your opinion? Or is the 'dome' design no longer a preference for the 'finished' styling in the years ahead?

regards to you

/Loke Emil

Loke Emil

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob C on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:07 pm

Hello Nik.. An outstanding first styling.. I like it very much... The pot you have chosen is nice as well. You had mentioned that it is too big. Judging from the size of the nebari, would it even be possible to go smaller. It looks like the tree is using the total length of the pot. The health of the tree always comes first.

I also like the apex.. This apex is how a beautiful, uniform apex is created.. one or 2 branches with a couple of buds then the tree grows it from the beginning.

I like both potting angles. the first one and this new one,. Actually, I might like the first one a little better. I think it shows off the movement better. You have done a great job with this material so I would listen to what the tree is dictating to you. As far as the jin at the top, I think it visually breaks up the thick upper trunk. Which is an important aesthetic function on this tree.

Rob

Rob C

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik Rozman on Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:37 am

Loke Emil wrote:well done Cool ...And looking at the tree with the new angle, I get the feeling that such a compact/tight composition would benefit from loosing most of that hanging lower branch - but only the hanging 'cloud': From the picture, the remaining branch base appears to accentuate the shape of the trunk in a more subtle way. Is this an obtion, in your opinion? Or is the 'dome' design no longer a preference for the 'finished' styling in the years ahead?
I think the hanging branch gives the tree a certain caracter, which I don't want to loose. And bare in mind that in future development I plan to make that cloud a bit bigger and allso the branch itself will thicken a bit. It never was my plan to make a compact crown, but one devided into seperate pads.

Rob C wrote:Hello Nik.. An outstanding first styling.. I like it very much... The pot you have chosen is nice as well. You had mentioned that it is too big. Judging from the size of the nebari, would it even be possible to go smaller. It looks like the tree is using the total length of the pot. The health of the tree always comes first.
That is 'law', the helth always comes first. By saying a smaller pot I didn't mean a shallower one, bit a bit shorter. Maby something like in the first virtual of Ian Young in a previous post in this topic. And besides, this tree needs something more fancy than a simple chineese pot. Wink

Nik Rozman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:11 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum