Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removing Pine resin marks from bark?

3 posters

Go down

Removing Pine resin marks from bark? Empty Removing Pine resin marks from bark?

Post  Mike Jones Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:41 pm

Any suggestions all? Frequently when creating Jins and Sharis I find that the resin will leave a white mark on the bark of varying sizes. I've used Meths which does not appear to do any harm to the Pines but thought I would ask to see if anyone else has a really good recipe for removing it?

Thanks

Mike
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Back to top Go down

Removing Pine resin marks from bark? Empty Re: Removing Pine resin marks from bark?

Post  JimLewis Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:04 pm

Turpentine???
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Removing Pine resin marks from bark? Empty Re: Removing Pine resin marks from bark?

Post  Jim Doiron Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:18 pm

I think something like Goof Off would work? It is the miracle remover. Smile
It's made to remove such things but I think it is made with less toxic stuff? Or they just make it smell like oranges to cover up the ridiculously toxic nature of it.
Shocked

http://www.goof-off.com/
Jim Doiron
Jim Doiron

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:20 pm

I tend to leave it alone. Once it's dried properly, it tends to fall off.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Jones Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:52 am

Thanks all.

Will, I find that takes a very long time to fade out completely. I was probably meaning for showing the tree and advancing the fact it will disappear in time. if anyone has any further suggestions I would be really grateful to hear them.

Mike
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down