Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scottish football

+3
fiona
Billy M. Rhodes
Paul B (Scotland)
7 posters

Go down

Scottish football Empty Scottish football

Post  Paul B (Scotland) Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:59 pm

Scottish football is dire, or pish as I call it. Our league clubs and national team seem to have reached an all time low in the past couple of years. Last night saw 3 of our teams fail to reach the Europa League, despite high hopes before the games actually kicked off.

Today at work I had a great laugh with a colleague discussing the scores - he is a staunch Rangers fan where as I prefer the green side of Glasgow's Auld Firm. The language is often choice and the comments close to the bone, but we manage to pass these insults of each others team with the skill and speed of the greatest midfielders in the world.

If only our players were as good at the game as the fans were at slagging each other. Laughing

Paul B (Scotland)
Paul B (Scotland)

Back to top Go down

Scottish football Empty Re: Scottish football

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:54 am

He isn't talking about REAL football.

GO GATORS of THE University of Florida
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:He isn't talking about REAL football.
Ha ha, but Billy, the irony of your statement is that even if we considered soccer as "real football", Scottish football is a million miles removed from that too! Laughing

I have a suspicion that the current USA soccer team - and I mean the women's team - could knock the socks off our men's national team. And the irony in that statement being that a common accusation is that our lot play like a bunch of lassies anyway.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:38 pm

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:He isn't talking about REAL football.

GO GATORS of THE University of Florida

ROLL THE TIDE....... GO ALABAMA!!!!!!!!!!

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Jones Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:12 pm

Sad to say Fiona but you are probably right. Celtic & Rangers are two amazing teams as are many English ones. Take away however all the transferred in foreign players and we are just not left with much home-grown talent.

Mike
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Back to top Go down

Scottish football Empty Ressurrect Billy McNichol

Post  Kakejiku Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:33 pm

If only the glory days of Billy McNichol could return...(Big fan cause he helped coach me when I was young along with two other Scottish coaches!)
Kakejiku
Kakejiku

Back to top Go down

Post  peterbrowns Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:37 am

Scotland claim the second oldest tournament of the association with the world cup. The first international match was Scotland vs England in 1872. They finished 0-0 for the record. The Scottish domestic football scene is almost entirely the old firm of Celtic and Rangers. Other notable rivalries Hearts-Hibs in Edinburgh and Dundee.

peterbrowns

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down