Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pots by Mateusz Grobelny

+54
Dan W.
Tom Benda
DWThomas
tiennavi
giomach
EdMerc
Rob Kempinski
Jesse
gal
Pawel P
Rob Addonizio
AlainK
irene_b
craigw
peter krebs
Dan Barton
pmjos
Kev Bailey
MACH5
Robert Wallace
Smithy
Orion
Pedro G C Almeida
Mario Stefano
Sebastijan Sandev
Ravi Kiran
bumblebee
Thinktreedanielsan
newzealandteatree
prestontolbert
bonsaisr
Arter
Attila Soos
MerschelMarco
Kalogero
tim stubbs
Paul B (Scotland)
pootsie
Stone Monkey
stavros
fiona
my nellie
anttal63
landerloos
John Quinn
Klaudia & Martin
Hans van Meer.
Andrija Zokic
Marija Hajdic
Dale Cochoy
Russell Coker
Mike Jones
Pencho Minchev
Walter Pall
58 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

pots by Mateusz Grobelny Empty pots by Mateusz Grobelny

Post  Walter Pall Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:47 am

Larch bei Mauro Stemberger and WP, pot by Mateusz Grobelny from Poland. What a difference a pot makes!!

pots by Mateusz Grobelny 2009-010
pots by Mateusz Grobelny 2010-010
pots by Mateusz Grobelny 2010-011
pots by Mateusz Grobelny 2010-012
pots by Mateusz Grobelny 2010-014
pots by Mateusz Grobelny 2010-015
pots by Mateusz Grobelny 2010-016
pots by Mateusz Grobelny 2010-017

Last edited by Walter Pall on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Walter Pall
Walter Pall

Back to top Go down

pots by Mateusz Grobelny Empty Re: pots by Mateusz Grobelny

Post  Pencho Minchev Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:09 am

Wonderful ... this is nature!!!
Pencho Minchev
Pencho Minchev

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Jones Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:48 pm

Wow Walter now that is a pot. Funny this was, when I looked at the first picture I imagined the bonsai to be quite small. It was only after scrolling down I realised what a whopper it is:-)

Mike
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:26 pm

Mike Jones wrote:Wow Walter now that is a pot. Funny this was, when I looked at the first picture I imagined the bonsai to be quite small. It was only after scrolling down I realised what a whopper it is:-)

Mike

No kidding! So how much does that empty pot weigh?

I think I prefer to see bonsai in pots that look like pots. Guess I'm stuck in traditional.

Russell
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  Walter Pall Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:00 pm

Well Russel, I can cary it alone. I think it weighs 30 to 40 lbs.
Walter Pall
Walter Pall

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:42 pm

Well, at least it's lighter than a real rock I suppose.

That larch would be beautiful planted in a garbage can! The only thing I miss about cold weather are the cold weather species, and larch is at the top of my list.

R
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:20 pm

Hi Walter.
its so beautiful. i wish i can have pots like that.
the color and texture of the pot is almost exactly the same as the trunk of the tree. was it made specially for that tree? is it not going to change its appearance someday? just asking sir?

Kind regards,
jun Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Walter Pall Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:27 pm

JUn,

this was not made for this tree and it will not change the color. It will get some more natural moss and weeds and it will look even more natural in time.
Walter Pall
Walter Pall

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Walter,

thanks.

i have some tree materials with an aged old barks, mostly dark gray in color planted in some boring pots. will a natural volcanic rock (curved down to the core) have the same natural effect?

jun

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale Cochoy Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:31 pm

Walter Pall wrote:JUn,

this was not made for this tree and it will not change the color. It will get some more natural moss and weeds and it will look even more natural in time.

Beautiful pot Walter.
You could try painting/spraying it with Buttermilk a few times to promote the moss. It seems to work for Disneyworld.
Hmmmm, I wonder if Buttermilk is called buttermilk in Munich??

Dale
Dale Cochoy
Dale Cochoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Marija Hajdic Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:36 pm

Drama!!! Very Happy
Marija Hajdic
Marija Hajdic

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:12 pm

affraid
Well.... everything is possible, and I am glad some dares to try new things.... but personally I certainly prefers the traditional bonsai aesthetics. I miss both the simplicity and the beauty with this piece. But taste is not a subject you can discuss - just like colours its just about - taste.

Best regards
Morten

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrija Zokic Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:08 pm

It is not easy to understand this kind of pot, if person don´t understand contemporary visual art.
Andrija Zokic
Andrija Zokic

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:07 am

Andrija Zokic wrote:It is not easy to understand this kind of pot, if person don´t understand contemporary visual art.

Hi Andrija,
what a strange thing to say???
I have always believed that (regular?) Bonsai art was challenging enough for me to grasp and do right! But now I have just learned from you that I also have to learn about contemporary art before I understand this kind of pot? Those this mean that I cant have a opinion about this kind of contemporary pot? Or those this mean that any negotive comment from any body on this pot would label them automatically as non under standers of contemporary visual art?
I am confused, I think I will stick to my Bonsai, that is hard enough as it is ! Very Happy
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrija Zokic Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:15 am

Hans van Meer. wrote:
Andrija Zokic wrote:It is not easy to understand this kind of pot, if person don´t understand contemporary visual art.
But now I have just learned from you that I also have to learn about contemporary art before I understand this kind of pot?
Hans van Meer.

NO! I didn't said that. I´am just saying "If you understand contemporary visual art, than you can easy understand this pot". No hard feelings.
Andrija Zokic
Andrija Zokic

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:38 am

Andrija Zokic wrote:
Hans van Meer. wrote:
But now I have just learned from you that I also have to learn about contemporary art before I understand this kind of pot?
Hans van Meer.

NO! I didn't sad that. I´am just saying "If you understand contemporary visual art, than you can easy understand this pot". No hard feelings.

No no Andrija !! Don't worry !! No hard feelings at all !!!
This is my personal feeling: I just think that with a art form, like Bonsai, that is obviously a great deal harder to crasp and do right, then a lot of people realize. This (what you wrote) makes it all even more confusing than it already is! That is all !!
But I dont want to high jack this post any longer!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:54 am

Andrija,

Contemporary visual art aside, understanding these pots does not mean that one automatically has to like them. I understand that the potter is trying to be edgy and different. No matter who uses and endorses them, some people will love them and others reject them. You show virtuals of many of your trees in these pots so you obviously like them - and that's fine by me. Not my tree, and not my decission to live with. Personally, I don't find them attractive at all. Well, maybe for kusamono. For bonsai I find them clunky and distracting - and that's fine too.

Each to their own!!

Russell
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  Klaudia & Martin Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:41 am

I personally like it.....and Mateusz is a great artist!

Well said Russell
...."Each to their own!!"

This is his website......
http://www.mg-gar.pl/

Kind regards
Klaudia
Klaudia & Martin
Klaudia & Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:35 am

Interesting website...thanks, Klaudia!
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:20 am

Morten Albek wrote: affraid
Well.... everything is possible, and I am glad some dares to try new things.... but personally I certainly prefers the traditional bonsai aesthetics. I miss both the simplicity and the beauty with this piece. But taste is not a subject you can discuss - just like colours its just about - taste.

Best regards
Morten

I agree with Morten on this one.

landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  Walter Pall Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:22 am

Speaking about understanding contemporary art: At BMW headquarters there are ongoing art exhibits. A group of people is reposible to choose suitable art objects and prepar the exhibit. I was very lucky to get rated as eligible 'artist' and asked to exhibit some of my trees. You think that I could choose the trees? No way! The art lady came and chose for herself. She has no clue about bonsai, no clue about bonsai tradition, she gets paid dearly for her taste. She has chosen sculptures by Giacometti before for this exhibit (insurance value 100 million). She chose this mugo pine with 'Queen Maria Theresia's night pot'. She insisted. The more I look at it the more I think the pot is right; especialyl since it is starting to get patina with algae and moss.

Pot by Mateusz Grobelny.

This gives you a taste of what could happen if bonsai really enters the art world. Arts folks would command the exhibits and the bonsai establishment would cringe. Nothing would stay as it is in the bonsai scene. To be honest I look forward to this day.

Bonsai is the most backward looking art form that I know.

pots by Mateusz Grobelny 2010-018
pots by Mateusz Grobelny 2010-019
pots by Mateusz Grobelny 2010-020
Walter Pall
Walter Pall

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:05 am

Walter Pall wrote:

I don't think so Walter. There are lots of examples on innovative bonsai and displaying, still referring to the basics of the Japanese art form. Also in Japan new ways are explored.
I still think peace, harmony, beauty and simplicity are the keywords in the bonsai art. You can make a lot happening inside that "frame" and develop new ways.
Luckily we have different views that develops the art in different directions.

Best regards
Morten Albek

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:41 pm

Walter Pall wrote:This gives you a taste of what could happen if bonsai really enters the art world. Arts folks would command the exhibits and the bonsai establishment would cringe. Nothing would stay as it is in the bonsai scene. To be honest I look forward to this day.

Yikes. Shocked

Thanks, but no thanks Walter. It's perfect for me just the way it is and screwing around with just for the sake of something different doesn't make it better in my book. I'm not sure that having an overpaid art lady who knows nothing about bonsai pick a tree for an art exhibit is a ringing endorsement. No offense Walter, but the old wheel is turning just fine for me. I don't care to have it re-invented, especially be "art" people who know nothing about bonsai.

Beautiful pine, btw. And I'll be happy to take all those old-fashioned, tired pots off your hands! Very Happy

R

Last edited by Russell Coker on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added thought)
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrija Zokic Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:24 pm

Art trends have never be fused like today. Look at this tags: cinema, installation, sculpture for one piece of art: http://biginjapan.com.au/tag/sculpture/
More inspiration: http://www.google.com/images?q=%22Andy+Goldsworthy%22&um=1&hl=en&tbs=isch:1&sa=N&start=0&ndsp=18&biw=1412&bih=830
Wabi-sabi?:

Andrija Zokic
Andrija Zokic

Back to top Go down

Post  anttal63 Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:09 pm

Once again Walter very thought provoking and i thankyou for that! I do look forward to the progression of this tree and pot. It is growing on me by the day. cheers
anttal63
anttal63

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next