View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bucket List

Post  Victrinia Ridgeway on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:19 pm

Oh and did I mention I want to collect that tree by helicopter??? lol

Victrinia Ridgeway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:27 pm

That's O.K. Jay, you can still stay in my dog house when you come to Hawaii!! Dance ThumbsUp

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool [/quote]

I'll leave the kilt at home and bring the lava lava instead! thumbs up

Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:56 pm

Jay Gaydosh wrote: Oh fine, I guess, I'm not invited... Of course, me with such a fine kilt, would be so out of place in SCOTLAND! Jay

Whatever!

my website

fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Jones on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:31 pm

Not me sadly ... but a great buddy when he hit 60 flew to the USA and hired a Harley to do route 66 (with some detours I think) because some of it does not exist anymore. He met stars, but best of all several chapters of Hells Angels who thought he was plain daft.

He did over 3000 miles in 12 weeks and he hasn't stopped telling me about the diners and the Hells Angels...and the storms he encountered ever since.

Sounds like it might be one to add to the list.

Mike

Mike Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:51 pm

fiona wrote:
Jay Gaydosh wrote: Oh fine, I guess, I'm not invited... Of course, me with such a fine kilt, would be so out of place in SCOTLAND! Jay

Whatever!

Just lov a kitten with an attitude!

Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Mike Jones wrote:Not me sadly ... but a great buddy when he hit 60 flew to the USA and hired a Harley to do route 66 (with some detours I think) because some of it does not exist anymore. He met stars, but best of all several chapters of Hells Angels who thought he was plain daft.

He did over 3000 miles in 12 weeks and he hasn't stopped telling me about the diners and the Hells Angels...and the storms he encountered ever since.

Sounds like it might be one to add to the list.

Mike

Being ON Route 66, the only problem coming over and cruizing the old route is you have to provide for sufficient time to make the important stops. There are thousands to choose from. If you make the 66 tour during the usual Route 66 road tours you can get stuck behind a Model A or T and on a Harley that just ain't fast enough!

Jay

Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:10 am

Jay Gaydosh wrote:
fiona wrote:

Whatever!

Just lov a kitten with an attitude!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

You guys are nuts!!!!! Laughing Laughing

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool

Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:13 am

Victrinia Ridgeway wrote:Oh and did I mention I want to collect that tree by helicopter??? lol

O.K. "V"... your scaring me!! Shocked Shocked

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool

Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  rock on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:32 pm

Victrinia Ridgeway wrote:Oh and did I mention I want to collect that tree by helicopter??? lol

Wheww that does seem extreme, maybe a backhoe or tractor,,, but wow..

Wouldn't that be hard on roots?

R

flutter eyelashes

rock

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:15 pm

Okay. My own "Bucket List" entry:

There is a long-running kids' tv programme here in the UK called Blue Peter (no ribald remarks please!). One of the few programmes I was allowed to watch as a kid because it was "educational", it had several major features running through it, one of which was getting kids to make their own stuff usually out of discarded household waste items like washing up liquid bottles and cereal boxes. (You have to remember this was in the days before kids had spending power or were bought anything they asked for) Every week on the programme one of the presenters would construct some desirable item such as Tracey Island out of egg cartons, sticky back plastic and white glue. And all very realistic it was too.

But the other attraction of the programme was the Blue Peter Badge, which kids could win by doing something "worthy". You got the bog-standard Blue Badge for sending in an interesting letter, poem, picture or story, or by appearing on the programme. Possession of a Blue Badge followed by a further achievement of something worthy got you a Silver Badge. But the icing on the cake was a Gold Badge which you only got if you'd been a splendid young person and done something major like rescue 16 kittens from a blazing building or represented your country at shove ha'penny.

And such sarcasm obviously masks my deep-seated resentment at never having received any Blue Peter badges despite having spent a small fortune of my pocket money on stamps as I posted off yet another Poet Laureate standard ode on the death of a cherished budgie, or a collage made from various pasta shapes representing the flora and fauna of Greenock. Mind you, looking back, the presenters of the show did get noticeably plumper over the years - a fact I now attribute to their having scoffed all the pasta collages sent in by wannabe badge holders.

So that is my Bucket list entry. I want to achieve a Blue Peter badge.

I rather suspect that to do so these days I shall have to construct something like a large Hadron Collider out of back copies of the Readers' Digest, twelve packets of Jelly Babies, some No More Nails glue and a cathode ray tube from a old black and white TV set.

Or I could just buy one off eBay.

my website

fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:36 pm

Howzit Fiona,

I don't know what to say...... scratch scratch

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool

Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:11 pm

Sounds like a cultural thing to me. But,then, we colonials have never quite appreciated the mother country.

Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

This explains everything, possibly

Post  rock on Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:28 pm

fiona wrote: So that is my Bucket list entry. I want to achieve a Blue Peter badge.
**For Immediate Release**

From the dead letter office: A century quite old letter containing an award for "outstanding work in nature" has turned up and is being vigorusly investigated. Seems it was sent to one "Fiona" who gave the phrase "I really want it Bad" where the return address would have gone.

It is a very important that we get it to this little girl, said the postmaster, "Her self esteem may depend on us". A so-called Blue Peter or his Lawyer could not be contacted for comment.

Anyone with information pertaining to this case should contact authorities.

rock

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:40 pm

Howzit Rock,

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

You Da Man, Rock!!!!! ThumbsUp ThumbsUp This is to much man!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil How did you come up with this???? That's great work man!! thumbs up

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool

Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

bucket list

Post  john5555leonard on Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:58 am

[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img] if its on anyones bucket list to visit thailand i could help with that , my house is set in an acre of landscaped garden and i have a guest chalet set in the center of an ornamental pond < air con and en suite > at the bottom of my garden. if anybody fancies a holiday they would be more than welcome to stay, i,m in northeast thailand ,a long way from the sea but we have a pool and its 20 mins from local airport .the bonsai scene is quite good there,s a good nursery downtown and an hours drive away is a whole village of yamadori shops , you might have to bring me a few bits and pieces <bonsai related> that i can,t get here mind. regards john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:58 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum