Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the Bonsai Pests & Diseases forum is for.

2 posters

Go down

What the Bonsai Pests & Diseases forum is for. Empty What the Bonsai Pests & Diseases forum is for.

Post  Nina Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:55 pm

Welcome to the pests and diseases forum! This will replace the old "Bonsai Doctor" fill-out-the-form process on the old IBC website.

First let me introduce myself to people who don't know me: I'm Nina Shishkoff, one of the Ancient Ones of the IBC (a member since ca. 1994). In my day job, I study tree diseases for the USDA, but for many years, I've diagnosed bonsai problems here. About 85% of the questions I've gotten over the years are about why indoor junipers die. Let me solve that one right away: junipers are outdoor bonsai. Now let's move on to the other 15% of the problems. If you have a picture of your sick bonsai or a close-up of an insect, please post it here with a description of the problem. I will try my best to answer the question with the aid of any IBC'ers who may have experience with the problem and want to chime in.

Nina

Back to top Go down

What the Bonsai Pests & Diseases forum is for. Empty Re: What the Bonsai Pests & Diseases forum is for.

Post  JimLewis Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:19 pm

Also, I have many of the pictures of critters from the old IBC. I'll be creating a "Rogues' Gallery" here that may help you ID you critter or problem so you can better ask the good Doctor how to fix it.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down