What the Bonsai Pests & Diseases forum is for.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What the Bonsai Pests & Diseases forum is for.

Post  Nina on Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:55 pm

Welcome to the pests and diseases forum! This will replace the old "Bonsai Doctor" fill-out-the-form process on the old IBC website.

First let me introduce myself to people who don't know me: I'm Nina Shishkoff, one of the Ancient Ones of the IBC (a member since ca. 1994). In my day job, I study tree diseases for the USDA, but for many years, I've diagnosed bonsai problems here. About 85% of the questions I've gotten over the years are about why indoor junipers die. Let me solve that one right away: junipers are outdoor bonsai. Now let's move on to the other 15% of the problems. If you have a picture of your sick bonsai or a close-up of an insect, please post it here with a description of the problem. I will try my best to answer the question with the aid of any IBC'ers who may have experience with the problem and want to chime in.


Back to top Go down

Re: What the Bonsai Pests & Diseases forum is for.

Post  JimLewis on Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:19 pm

Also, I have many of the pictures of critters from the old IBC. I'll be creating a "Rogues' Gallery" here that may help you ID you critter or problem so you can better ask the good Doctor how to fix it.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum