Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removing varnish and shalack from a stone

3 posters

Go down

Removing varnish and shalack from a stone Empty Removing varnish and shalack from a stone

Post  NeilDellinger Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:03 pm

I just purchased a pretty nice little stone. It was painted with some varnish in order to provide some shine. Does anyone have experience with removing? Whats the best way...solvent, abrasive etc....?

Thanks for the help!
Neil

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

Removing varnish and shalack from a stone Empty Removing varnish and shalack from a stone

Post  ngoquangvu06 Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:22 am

To remove vanish or paint ... on stone , you send your email to ngoquangvu06@yahoo.com.vn . I will help you.

ngoquangvu06

Back to top Go down

Removing varnish and shalack from a stone Empty Re: Removing varnish and shalack from a stone

Post  NeilDellinger Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:36 am

done..just sent you an email.

Thanks Very Happy

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

Removing varnish and shalack from a stone Empty Re: Removing varnish and shalack from a stone

Post  Chris Cochrane Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:00 pm

Hi Neil. Hi Ngoquangvu... I am interested in advice, too. Others will be interested if you can share on the forum.

Reducing natural stains is also encountered. The recommendations of John Betts on cleaning minerals from the website Bob's Rock Shop have been noted previously. Pay close attention to safety precautions.
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down