Blaauw Juniper

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blaauw Juniper

Post  jgeanangel on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:13 pm

Hello Everyone:) Here is another video that highlights some of the work I did recently on a blaauw juniper. This tree was originally started from nursery stock about 30+ years ago... I was lucky to acquire it from a friend about 2 years ago. It was originally styled as a cascade but had been stood up again before I received it. My favorite feature of this tree is the deadwood that spirals up the trunk. As I look at this tree after styling I think the overall image still needs to be compacted some.

Here is the tree just after I first received it...

Thanks,
John

jgeanangel

Back to top Go down

Re: Blaauw Juniper

Post  fiona on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:47 pm

Excellent transformation, John, and another detailed and informative video log of how you got there.

IMHO everything about the tree provides a pleasing image to the point where I find it difficult to conceive of it as a cascade. To me, it has balance, elegance and interest. Can you get better than that?

Thanks for the time and effort you put into providing us with these records of your projects. I really enjoy seeing them.

Fiona

btw is that just garden birds we can hear so clearly in the background or do you have an aviary?

my website

fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonas Freeman on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:57 pm

Is this the same tree I saw today on a progression foto serie on the internet wich I found very impressive? I do not recall the site but it was for a competition and very intersting reading.

Jonas

Jonas Freeman

Back to top Go down

Post  jgeanangel on Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:24 am

Thank you Fiona...it is just garden birds...they were probably fighting over who got to pull the moss off one of my trees:) The roots are about the only problem that remains from this tree's time as a cascade. The first time I worked it, I tried to pot without the stones and the roots just would not allow anything believable. I like stones anyhow:)

Jonas... Although they are from the same source, this is a different tree and species than the one to which you refer. However, I am in the process of giving that trees its second styling now and will most likely post the results soon.

Thanks,
John

jgeanangel

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis on Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:27 am

Ditto on Fiona's remarks. A lovely tree. Salut, Todd

Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:18 am

Sponsored content