Pinus sylvestris

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pinus sylvestris

Post  lee on Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:45 pm

Hi all. I'm new to this site a relatively new to the world of Bonsai. I have a about 3 years experience and the first year i was walking around blind until i found a forum where i recognise a few names on here from there. This last year i have taken keeping bonsai a bit more seriously and got rid of a lot of trees that were never going to become anything worth keeping and taking up space in my small garden. I still have a lot i need to rid off and only have a handful of trees (in reality) worth keeping.

Anyway i had a chance of getting some Scots Pines at a really good price and decided to take them on as i dont have any pines and thought these would be a good learning curve until i could save and get hold of some decent material.
This particular SP is causing me some problems. At the Apex of the trunk there are 8 branches coming from the same point and is already causing it to swell.
I wired the branches in hope to make it easier to view at that point.
Any advice would be good and appreciated.
Kind regards Lee
(aka Leejr) [code]

lee

Back to top Go down

Re: Pinus sylvestris

Post  JimLewis on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:50 pm

You probably should start by removing the 3 or 4 thickest branches up there. The two I can see that you have wired are much too thick to be that high on the tree, and I don't think you want the apex any higher in such a slender tree.

Once those are gone, see if a couple of the others might be candidates, too.

Then take us another pic.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  lee on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:42 pm

Cheers Jim. i was thinking of bring the apex down a bit giving the trunk a bit more movement in the process.
Thanks again Lee

lee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:19 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum