Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haematoxylum campechianum from Guadeloupe

5 posters

Go down

Haematoxylum campechianum from Guadeloupe Empty Haematoxylum campechianum from Guadeloupe

Post  fabrice B Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:06 am

Hi all IBC members, I would like to introduce my tree, a campeche (Haematoxylum campechianum) collected in 2006. First branch are now done, as the dead wood work, I need to refine it for the second and third level of branch. Do you have any advice ?

Thanks a lot for your consideration.

here after collecting
Haematoxylum campechianum from Guadeloupe Pict1312

after a workshop on dead wood
Haematoxylum campechianum from Guadeloupe Pict2511

a good picture but still long time to pass
Haematoxylum campechianum from Guadeloupe Snc00411

Finaly a pic today, still on going
Haematoxylum campechianum from Guadeloupe Snc00110

And a drawing after the workshop on dead wood by François Jeker.
Haematoxylum campechianum from Guadeloupe Pict2512

Fabrice B

fabrice B

Back to top Go down

Haematoxylum campechianum from Guadeloupe Empty Haematoxylum campechianum from Guadeloupe

Post  Guest Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:11 am

Hello Fabrice. Fantastic work on the deadwood. Very impressive. Sorry but I don't know this species but it looks like your heading in the right direction.

Back to top Go down

Haematoxylum campechianum from Guadeloupe Empty Re: Haematoxylum campechianum from Guadeloupe

Post  pongsatorn.k Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:12 am

lovely tree!, I like your drawing style. Very Happy
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Haematoxylum campechianum from Guadeloupe Empty Re: Haematoxylum campechianum from Guadeloupe

Post  fM Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:32 pm

Great work with the wood, also I like me greatly the design qe has raised. Beautiful species
fM
fM

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrice B Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:06 am

Thanks a lot for your encouragment, the drawing is unfortunatly not mine but from French François Jeker who was here also for a dead wood workshop :-)

fabrice B

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:03 am

I really want one of these. They are from Tropical American sometimes called Bloodwood. I think Erik Wigert in South West Florida has some
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrice B Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:38 am

Hi Billy, you are right you could have this in Florida. it's colad bloodwood or logwood according to wikipedia ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haematoxylum_campechianum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodwood

Our friend from Martinique have some nice too, check it on their blog: http://tbc.over-blog.net/

fabrice B

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:22 am

It looks like they have a very active club in Martinique with a lot of nice trees. I wish I read French.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  hiram Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:29 am

great movement on your Campeche, I have a few and I sell them to. Great job on the carving.
hiram
hiram

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrice B Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:50 pm

Thanks a lot, do you have some pics so show us :-)

fabrice B

Back to top Go down

Post  hiram Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:35 am

unfortunately i am not that computer savvy. so i don't know how to place the pics. if you want send me your email and i will send you some of my campeche pics. i also sell them.
hiram
hiram

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrice B Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:12 am

Hi everybody, I was out for a long time so I will do a small upgrade of this tree

first october 2011, on a local exibition

Haematoxylum campechianum from Guadeloupe 20111013

then The face was not that good so it was turned (february 2012)

Haematoxylum campechianum from Guadeloupe 20120210

and finally the top was not good also so I'm currently rebuiding it (april 2012)

Haematoxylum campechianum from Guadeloupe 20120410

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by fabrice B on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addin pics)

fabrice B

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down