Where to find a bark stripper?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where to find a bark stripper?

Post  Gideon on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:47 am

Hi everyone, I've been looking for a bonsai bark stripper (curved blade, strips bark on the pull) for awhile now and can only find it on kaizenbonsai.com. Looked on ebay and amazon and did searches on google. Can anybody give me a link to a site that sells them from the U.S?

Gideon

Back to top Go down

Re: Where to find a bark stripper?

Post  Tony on Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:17 am

Graham at Kaizen ships to the US... and he is very reliable too Wink

Tony

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:25 am

Agree 100% with Tony.

my website

fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:11 am

Yeah, a good guy to buy from. Bought several pots from him, he ships it fast, and very well packaged. Pots were very nice too.

Storm

Back to top Go down

bark stripper

Post  john5555leonard on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:11 am

I've got a great stripper; she lives next door but Idont know if she does bark or not? I think Graham knows her as well. Sorry couldn't help it. Regards john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:34 pm

john5555leonard wrote:I,v got a great stripper, she lives next door,dont know if she does bark or not? i think graham knows her as well. sorry could,nt help it regards john

I was wondering how many serious answers before a message like this one Laughing

AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  stavros on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:49 pm

Gideon wrote:Hi everyone, I've been looking for a bonsai bark stripper (curved blade, strips bark on the pull) for awhile now and can only find it on kaizenbonsai.com. Looked on ebay and amazon and did searches on google. Can anybody give me a link to a site that sells them from the U.S?
kaizen is your best bet

stavros

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:52 pm

AlainK wrote: I was wondering how many serious answers before a message like this one Laughing
Me too. Wink

my website

fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:13 pm

What on earth is a bark stripper and what can it do that a pliers and a knife can't?

Sounds to me like just another way to pay more than you should for a tool with the word "bonsai" in front of it.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@alltel.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:53 pm

Jim. This tool was originally designed for the removal of Apple Canker. They are very cheap and very good at removing bark SAFELY.

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:08 pm

Can someone show me a picture?

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@alltel.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:18 pm

We will have to ask permission of the moderator. I'm pretty sure thay won't let us post pictures of strippers in the forum!

Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:24 am

Man!!!!! You guys "NEED" help. lol! lol!

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool

Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey on Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:34 am

Please feel free to post all stripper pics to me privately for moderation Wink

Here's the Kaizen stripper http://www.kaizenbonsai.com/shop/popup_image.php?pID=1291 (For some weird reason it resizes my browser window.) Basically a curved scraper/chisel.

Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:17 am

Kev Bailey wrote:Please feel free to post all stripper pics to me privately for moderation Wink

Kev, you are truly a great moderator. The time and effort you put into the IBC, is truly astounding and on top of that, you are prepared to give MORE of your valuable time in vetting and researching, for the forum. Such a selfless man....Brings a goddamn tear to me eye!! Sad ........

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum