Bench Done!

Post  toy4x4 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:40 am

What do you think?

Last edited by toy4x4 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total

toy4x4

Back to top Go down

Re: Bench Done!

Post  RichLewis on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:26 am

It's very nice, you just need a few more trees!

Richard

RichLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:43 pm

Looks nice.

But . . . if that is a south or west exposure keep an eye on summer temperatures. That wall will absorb heat. That's great in winter but not so great in summer.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  toy4x4 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:55 pm

Yep, I've been watching the heat form the brick. We seem to be getting a good test recently and it seems to be ok so far. They are actually a little further out from the wall than what the picture shows. Also, I used the "spikes" in the ground to hold the posts in case I have to move them.

toy4x4

Back to top Go down

Post  gman on Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:56 pm

Not bad, why not add a shelf underneath for your shorter trees it wont take up any more room?
Cheers G

gman

Back to top Go down

Post  toy4x4 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:20 pm

gman wrote:Not bad, why not add a shelf underneath for your shorter trees it wont take up any more room?
Cheers G

Yes, thinking about that already as I have little space left after putting my "starter trees" on the long part. I'm going to watch the temp in that area the next couple days based on the brick behind it to see if I need to move it out some. After that I'll probably build the bottom shelf.

toy4x4

Back to top Go down

bench done

Post  moyogijohn on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:05 pm

Your bench looks really good.. it also looks very well made and put togather ..it should last a long time i would like to have a couple like that..good work john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  NeilDellinger on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:14 am

Looks like a great start Terry!! Cant wait to see what you fill them with. Make time to go collecting this spring and add some Oklahoma winged elms. Very Happy

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:57 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum