Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thomas Jefferson

Go down

Thomas Jefferson Empty Thomas Jefferson

Post  Guest Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:27 pm

I was supervising a group on community service, at one of our local churches today. There was a piece of information in the church relating to a certain US president. Samuel and John Jeafreson, forebears of President Thomas Jefferson were born in Pettistree in the 16th century. They travelled to the West Indies where they colonized and owned large estates on the Leeward Lilands and St Kitts. Took about half an hour to find the gravestone.Thomas Jefferson Photo110

Back to top Go down

Thomas Jefferson Empty Re: Thomas Jefferson

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:10 pm

As a student of American history I don't quite get your post. By 1790 our Thomas Jefferson had written the Declaration of Independence and was a respected planter in Virginia. The grave shown is a cousin?
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Thomas Jefferson Empty Thomas Jefferson

Post  Guest Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:46 pm

Hello Billy. Samuel may well have been a cousin. I tried to find John's grave but to no avail. I thought this might be interesting to those of you across the pond. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:29 pm

A large number of Loyalist families left the Colonies and moved to Canada or some of the British Islands. The American Revolution divided families. I have one friend whose family moved to Canada in the 18th Century and moved back in the 20th.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum