Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ahhh! The rain has come!

+3
tim stubbs
AlainK
Todd Ellis
7 posters

Go down

Ahhh! The rain has come! Empty Ahhh! The rain has come!

Post  Todd Ellis Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:06 pm

We finally have rain and reduced temperatures today. After a week of high ninety and 100 degree days, we have some relief. My trees look happier thumbs up
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Ahhh! The rain has come! Empty Re: Ahhh! The rain has come!

Post  AlainK Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:27 pm

Here too, except we only reached 37° (Celsius), which is exceptional in our region.

I must go and buy champagne for this evening's barbecue, I'll have to wear jeans and shoes instead of the shorts and sandals I've been in for two weeks...
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  tim stubbs Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:40 pm

oh we wish !

we had shower on wedneday night and its supposed to rain today ,but its 28c and no sign of relenting. plus we cant use the hose to water because of the ban

Ahhh! The rain has come! Dscf0010
tim stubbs
tim stubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:14 pm

tim stubbs wrote:oh we wish !

we had shower on wedneday night and its supposed to rain today ,but its 28c and no sign of relenting. plus we cant use the hose to water because of the ban

Quite brown for an English lawn. I remember a photo you posted when it was flooded near the clothes-line, that's a big difference now...

My little piece of Paradise just after the rain stopped :

Ahhh! The rain has come! Jardak10

Not as well tended as yours. i suppose a garden is the image of the gardener. This one is a bit wild, and even sometimes a bit hard to keep under control... Laughing

Now, it's in the 30s C again, and with the humidity, it's like an open-air hammam!

I must find back that spray against mosquitoes for tonight, or they'll have a share of champagne and kebabs too... Rolling Eyes
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Jones Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:23 pm

I could certainly show you browner here in the South West of England. Never known anything like it.

Bring on the rain....perlease.

Mike
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:49 pm

Well it's been absolutely bouncing down here since about 4pm. I have already heard some people complaining about what a rubbish summer it's been - this despite high temperatures, sunshine (I have a tan FGS!) and the driest spell in 70 years! Aint no pleasing some folk.

AlainK wrote: I'll have to wear jeans and shoes instead of the shorts and sandals I've been in for two weeks...
Alain - have you been wearing the same pair of shorts for two weeks? How very, as we say in Glasgow, minging. Razz
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:29 pm

My lawn has never looked like this before. Leaves on my Willow are falling as if it were Autumn. Ahhh! The rain has come! Img_0511

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:14 am

will baddeley wrote:My lawn has never looked like this before. Leaves on my Willow are falling as if it were Autumn. Ahhh! The rain has come! Img_0511

Will, I noticed some Tulip Trees in the woods (some call Tulip Poplar) that were all "Fall" yellow today.
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:56 am

Ahhh! The rain has come! Dscf0010

Tim, how are you keeping your trees hydrated?
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  tim stubbs Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:10 am

[quote="Todd Ellis"]

Tim, how are you keeping your trees hydrated?
Todd

by watering can ( please note this MR united utilities) the larger trees morning and night , the shohin are in semi shade and will get a sprinkle during the day . the pines and junipers are loving this weather , full sun from 05:30 till 19:00 , although two ofthe larch have been moved to semi shade as they soon droop in the heat

tim
tim stubbs
tim stubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  tim stubbs Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:57 am

after 4 days of rain , up to 60mm in one day 5 miles down the road , the garden has changed to this
Ahhh! The rain has come! Dscf0012

and we still have a hose pipe ban

tim stubbs
tim stubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Velodog2 Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:54 pm

Same in central Maryland. Haven't had to mow my lawn in a month and trees are dropping leaves. All around us has been getting rain, we are in a dead zone and the rain avoids us. We are hydrophobic.

Velodog2

Back to top Go down

Post  nguyen75 Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:22 pm

Todd Ellis wrote:We finally have rain and reduced temperatures today. After a week of high ninety and 100 degree days, we have some relief. My trees look happier thumbs up
hi todd today tempert turn to 105 what a aday in VA hot hot and hot sunny
nguyen75
nguyen75

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down