Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

posting image help help

+2
Kev Bailey
john5555leonard
6 posters

Go down

posting image  help help  Empty posting image help help

Post  john5555leonard Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:10 pm

i,v been trying to post an image ,i,v followed instructions on the site , tried many times but stilll will not work , any suggestions,clean ones only

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

posting image  help help  Empty Re: posting image help help

Post  Kev Bailey Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:19 pm

Please try to post an image here and I'll tell you what you are doing wrong.

It is working. Here's my Whomping Willow! posting image  help help  Willow10
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:16 pm

John, GREAT TREE!!!
Salut, Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:18 pm

Err, that's my photo Todd. Wink
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:36 pm

Kev Bailey wrote:Err, that's my photo Todd. Wink

...sorry Kev...itstill a great tree! Laughing
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

posting image  help help  Empty help with posting image

Post  john5555leonard Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:43 am

yes I,v read it , I thing problem may be with servimg it will not accept my password . I changed password but still will not open . regards john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

posting image  help help  Empty help posting image

Post  john5555leonard Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:12 am

I,v sorted problem with servimg but still cannot post image , I give up . john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  rock Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:36 am

weird..

Add a photo:Try this

1. You can either host your photo somewhere on the net,or this board can host it for you. Once you have new topic started add your photo. To host it somewhere else on the net just click the box 'Image" then paste in the address of the photo.

2. To host it here, click - "host an image" box, then click browse, then find your photo on your system then Click the box "Host it"

3. Right click and Copy the the image url.

4. Click the insert image box, right click and paste the copied url.

5. Click preview to see if you did it right. Good luck

posting image  help help  Poproc10
rock
rock

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:36 pm

I,v sorted problem with servimg but still cannot post image , I give up

Don't give up. If I can do it, anyone can. posting image  help help  Icon_biggrin posting image  help help  Icon_biggrin posting image  help help  Icon_biggrin

Could it be a format issue? Are you using "*.jpg" files; they always work. Other formats can confuse things.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  john5555leonard Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:48 am

posting image  help help  Grasie31

hi rock that worked but now my images are out of focus , do you think its just that my pictures are not good enough , they look ok on my com because they are small but when they are enlarged they,r blured. but we are getting there . regards john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:43 am

Hi John, it's nothing to do with the image. It is the way you are posting them in the "Post a reply" window. It should look like this

(img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f36/15/36/19/84/grasie31.jpg[/img) but with square brackets at the start and end. Just take a moment to read the bracketed part and make sure that it has an image tag at the beginning, then the URL or "address" of the picture at servimg, then a closing img tag (the one with the backslash). That's it! Very Happy Yours had multiple tags attached that would have prevented it from showing but one set was correct. I've edited your post to remove the unnecessary parts.

To improve blurry images you could resize them to a smaller shot before posting or in future take pictures from further away and crop them to just the part that you want to show. Hope that is of help.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:34 am

Kev Bailey wrote:To improve blurry images you could resize them to a smaller shot before posting or in future take pictures from further away and crop them to just the part that you want to show. Hope that is of help.

Or, depending on what camera you are using, see if it has a macro function on it.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  john5555leonard Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:32 am

thanks everybody for your help, I got there in the end . these are 2 pics I,v been trying to send because its a new tree thats only been used for bonsai in thailand for the last 2 years or so . Its a local tree to my area ( north east thailand ) and I,m told does,nt grow in any other area ,the local name is grasiow . does anybody know the latin name ? I get mine from some guys in town who collect yamadori from the jungle for bonsai,this one is completely hollow and cost $40 cheap eh!!! . once the branch structure is set the leaves go very small . they grow in lowland areas near water . regards john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  john5555leonard Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:51 am

[img]posting image  help help  Grasie37[/img][img]posting image  help help  Grasie38[/img]

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  john5555leonard Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:55 am

Kev Bailey wrote:Please try to post an image here and I'll tell you what you are doing wrong.

It is working. Here's my Whomping Willow! posting image  help help  Willow10
hi kev photo,s much better now thank you , the only problem now is the right hand side of photos are being chopped off , is this to do with the brackets and if so can you do anything from your end cos i,m no good at stuff like that . regards john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down