Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PICTURE OF MY OLD CELTIS CHINENSIS.

+2
thomasj
Hans van Meer.
6 posters

Go down

PICTURE OF MY OLD CELTIS CHINENSIS. Empty PICTURE OF MY OLD CELTIS CHINENSIS.

Post  Hans van Meer. Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:17 pm

Hi everybody!
Yesterday, while browsing trough a 12 year old eastern European Bonsai club magazine, I discovered a small picture of my old Celtis chinensis from 1999 that I would like to share with you!
This magical tree was a real eye catcher in our small garden! It measured 111 cm/ 44.5 inch in height and it realy looked like a big tree! You could actually stick your head under the foliage and look upwards, it looked and felt just like the real thing! It had a overwhelming power on people who had never seen a bonsai and that saw it for the first time!
Having this tree in my care for those few years was a real blessing and a joy! So it was a shame when I had to let him go to warmer places.
But he...I do have a picture now!

PICTURE OF MY OLD CELTIS CHINENSIS. Img_0010

I named this tree " LION CRUSHER ", can you tell why?

PICTURE OF MY OLD CELTIS CHINENSIS. Img_0011

The year 2000: An trimming the shoots back! You can see how you can get lost in that foliage! A Bonsai that actualy looked like a tree!PICTURE OF MY OLD CELTIS CHINENSIS. Faint10

PICTURE OF MY OLD CELTIS CHINENSIS. Img_ha10

Hope you enjoy the pictures?
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

PICTURE OF MY OLD CELTIS CHINENSIS. Empty Re: PICTURE OF MY OLD CELTIS CHINENSIS.

Post  Guest Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:29 pm

Last edited by David Cortizas on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

PICTURE OF MY OLD CELTIS CHINENSIS. Empty Re: PICTURE OF MY OLD CELTIS CHINENSIS.

Post  thomasj Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:06 am

Yes you were very fortunate to have this one for the time you did. I don't know that I would have been able to part with something so beautiful as that. Sad
thomasj
thomasj

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian Young Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:12 am

Poor Lion LOL

Stunning tree.
Ian Young
Ian Young

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:31 am

Hans van Meer. wrote:Hi everybody!
Yesterday, while browsing trough a 12 year old eastern European Bonsai club magazine, I discovered a small picture of my old Celtis chinensis from 1999 that I would like to share with you!
This magical tree was a real eye catcher in our small garden! It measured 111 cm/ 44.5 inch in height and it realy looked like a big tree! You could actually stick your head under the foliage and look upwards, it looked and felt just like the real thing! It had a overwhelming power on people who had never seen a bonsai and that saw it for the first time!
Having this tree in my care for those few years was a real blessing and a joy! So it was a shame when I had to let him go to warmer places.
But he...I do have a picture now!

PICTURE OF MY OLD CELTIS CHINENSIS. Img_0010

I named this tree " LION CRUSHER ", can you tell why?

PICTURE OF MY OLD CELTIS CHINENSIS. Img_0011

The year 2000: An trimming the shoots back! You can see how you can get lost in that foliage! A Bonsai that actualy looked like a tree!PICTURE OF MY OLD CELTIS CHINENSIS. Faint10

PICTURE OF MY OLD CELTIS CHINENSIS. Img_ha10

Hope you enjoy the pictures?
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

Beautiful tree! Did you not have room for it to keep it warm during Winter? Why the name "Lion Crusher"?
Salut, Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:37 am

Look at the close up of the roots Todd. Looks like the back legs and tail of a Lion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:49 am

will baddeley wrote:Look at the close up of the roots Todd. Looks like the back legs and tail of a Lion.

Wow, it does! Thanks Will!
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaco Kriek Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:24 am

Where is the tree now Todd?
Jaco Kriek
Jaco Kriek

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:28 pm

Jaco Kriek wrote:Where is the tree now Todd?

I think you mean Hans. Very Happy
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:39 am

Hi Jaco,
Hans here! Very Happy
I was very lucky to be able to buy this tree at a auction in 1994. It always was very difficult to keep this species in good health in our cold and wet climate in the Netherlands. The Summers are just way to short here! I managed to get the tree in its best form, when it was shown at the prestigious Ginkgo Awards in 1999. After that, during a very cold winter, the tree started to lose more and of it's former strength, so we decided it would be better to find a warmer and more suitable home for this wonderful tree. Now, if all is still well, it spans it's days in a warm greenhouse some were in Paris.
But, we still miss him though! Sad Sad Very Happy

PICTURE OF MY OLD CELTIS CHINENSIS. Img_0013

Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:57 am

Hans van Meer. wrote:

Hi Jaco,
Hans here! Very Happy
PICTURE OF MY OLD CELTIS CHINENSIS. Img_0013

Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

Great tree Hans, I'm sure you miss it, but now I understand why you have back troubles. Embarassed
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaco Kriek Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:34 am

Sorry Hans and Todd for the name swop.

That tree will just do wonderfully well here in Pretoria in sunny South Africa. Won’t require a green house and can stand outdoors all year. I’d be happy to look after it. After all, the Celtis Africana is indigenous to South Africa and very very similar to the Celtis Sinensis.

Great tree Hans. I’m sure you miss her.
Jaco Kriek
Jaco Kriek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down