Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok, im getting crazy here.

3 posters

Go down

Ok, im getting crazy here. Empty Ok, im getting crazy here.

Post  Storm Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:02 pm

The cat litter is a pain. Haha. I gotta laugh. I bought a huge amount of it, since I had a few trees that loved it. But.. I gotta water it all the time!
As soon as the sun is out, I have to water, and water again. I have my big blackthorn or whatever, and if I water it when I go to work, its completely dried out at the top when I get home. Leaves are dying etc. Next spring.. Oh believe me, Im gonna put something else in it too!
Dont do the same as me and plant it in 100% of it. My small tree which is about 8 inches tall, are hanging with all its leaves now, cause I forgot to water it when I got home.
But I cant understand it really. The big one did shoot out long branches. Tons of them all over, but all the leaves on the branches were at the same time drying out at the tips, before they were at full size. they had a nice color, but dark brown tips. I watered and watered, and moved in into a partial shade, but it just looks like it doesnt grow anymore. Sometimes, you just want to give up. But im not going to.
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Ok, im getting crazy here. Empty Re: Ok, im getting crazy here.

Post  Guest Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:12 am

Storm, how come you have used 100%? Max in any mix should be 30%

Naturally it will dry out... It's for cats to pee in!

Back to top Go down

Post  davemac Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:25 am

Hi

I have been using cat litter this season having read this article
http://www.bonsai4me.com/Basics/Basicscatlitter.htm
and so far have had no problems. I have two acers which have been planted in it as well as a picea and several cuttings all of which are doing well. I live in the south of england and I,ve only had to water mine daily which is normal for this time of year.

davemac

Back to top Go down

Post  anttal63 Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:14 am

Down here we use similar product, 50% to 25% pine bark nuggets and 25% coco peat. A fine (2-4mm)stone top dress also helps a little. cheers
anttal63
anttal63

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down