Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - Update

+21
Gary Swiech
sunip
Ryan
Robert Jablonski
Hombre
Pavel Slovák
coh
Ravi Kiran
jupp
AlainK
Andrei Darusenkov
siriwatn
ogi uyehara
Seth Ellwood
Victrinia Ridgeway
Jonny D
Todd Ellis
stavros
eric sanders
Mike Jones
rolandp
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - Update - Page 2 Empty Re: Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - Update

Post  jupp Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:56 am

great roland thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
jupp
jupp

Back to top Go down

Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - Update - Page 2 Empty Re: Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - Update

Post  Ravi Kiran Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:02 pm

Excellent tree Roland. Every one of the branches is perfectly positioned. Keep em all.... The beauty of this tree is in its simplicity and its closeness to a tree in nature...

Ravi
Ravi Kiran
Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  coh Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:31 pm

Tree looks great, thanks for posting the update. Helps to have great starting material - what was the source for this tree? I've got a nursery specimen (quite a bit smaller) that I'm trying to figure out what to do with...was hoping for a formal upright like this but don't think it has the basic branch structure to support this style.

Chris
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:20 am

Jupp and Ravi thanks for your nice reply. I’m glad you like the tree.

Chris thanks for your comment. The source of this tree was also a nursery and a bit of luck Smile
This is the tree after purchase in the local nursery (2009-03).

Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - Update - Page 2 200903pacipresa000
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:28 am

Hi Roland

Very nice tree. Very good work and development. Congratulations. ThumbsUp

Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:29 am

Thanks Pavel. Im glad you like it.
Im already looking for the right pot.
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:51 pm

The Chemaecyparis got a new pot and some additional adjustments. Very Happy

Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - Update - Page 2 Dsc7426ss

Regards, roland
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  Hombre Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:51 am

Great tree Roland and very good progress.

Best regards Lazaros.
Hombre
Hombre

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Jablonski Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:37 am

A very impressive tree, I like it.

Can you tell me, how high is the tree?

Regards
Robert
Robert Jablonski
Robert Jablonski

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:06 pm

Thanks Lazaros and Robert. I'm glad you like it. Very Happy

Robert Jablonski wrote:

Can you tell me, how high is the tree?

Regards
Robert

I didn't measure the tree, so for now I can only give you some orientation. The pot is 60 cm wide, so the tree is appropriately 80 cm high. At the begining of this post is also a photo of the first styling which can be used as size orientation (for reference there are two persons next to the tree, Tomaž and me).

I will measure the exact hight today and get back to you. Smile

Cheers, roland
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Incredible tree, very well done.

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:15 pm

Ryan, thanks. I'm glad you like the tree.

Robert, I measured the tree and here are the exact dimensions. The hight with the pot is 92cm (10 cm is the hight of the pot). The widest part of the tree is 75 cm.

Cheers, roland
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Jablonski Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:21 pm

Thank you Roland for information about the height of the tree

Regards,
Robert
Robert Jablonski
Robert Jablonski

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:44 pm

Hello Roland.
Looks good.
With the pot color you choose to accentuate the red in the trunk.
My sawara took our winter not as good as your tree i see.
Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary Swiech Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:14 pm

I like the tree, especially after so little work has been done on it, It will certainly can improve over time.

I think the pot should be an unglazed pot.

It's a pincher's dream. I never got to excited about Chamaecyparis Pisifera Boulevard as a bonsai but you were lucky
to find this one, it has almost perfect branch structure.
Gary Swiech
Gary Swiech

Back to top Go down

Post  general.electrix Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:40 am

This is quite lovely! I just acquired a couple smaller specimens of this species (maybe 50 cm tall). Might you have any tips from your experience with this tree? I'm aiming for a similar style but on a smaller scale.

general.electrix

Back to top Go down

Post  Fore Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:05 pm

Gary Swiech wrote:I like the tree, especially after so little work has been done on it, It will certainly can improve over time.

I think the pot should be an unglazed pot.

It's a pincher's dream. I never got to excited about Chamaecyparis Pisifera Boulevard as a bonsai but you were lucky
to find this one, it has almost perfect branch structure.

That is a really nice tree Roland! Great job! And I too Gary have been reluctant to give this tree another try as it didn't backbud at all for me. Very aggravating! Seems Roland didn't have a problem with this issue though it seems??
Fore
Fore

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary Swiech Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:07 pm

None of the Chamaecyparis seem to bud back well. I work with Chamaecyparis obtusa nana gracilis so I tend to keep a lot of branches at the start pruning them back slightly
then see what sprouts. Not much at all.
Gary Swiech
Gary Swiech

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:34 pm

Dear IBC members. The development of the Chemacyparis continues and here is the photo of the current image of the tree.

Chamaecyparis Pisifera Bulevard - Update - Page 2 Dsc3764s

Fore and Gary sorry for my late reply. I don't have much problems with back buding with this tree, my recipe is to feed it a lot, provide with lots of light and the right timing of pinching. I leave the tree in spring to grow free and get strong, later in the beginning of summer i prune first the strongest areas, than the middle strong areas in a couple of weeks later and the inner weak areas i don't prune or pinch at all.

cheers, roland
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  yamasuri Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:10 pm

Great tree Roland.
yamasuri
yamasuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary Swiech Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:50 pm

Nice Chamaecyparis Pisifera.

It looks pretty much the same other than it's gotten a little fuller in the branch areas.
Gary Swiech
Gary Swiech

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeG Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:04 am

Beautiful! What a great progression. Thanks for sharing.

Mike
MikeG
MikeG

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary Swiech Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:05 pm

Is there a reason it slants a bit to the right?
Gary Swiech
Gary Swiech

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next