Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinese Elm

4 posters

Go down

Chinese Elm Empty Chinese Elm

Post  moyogijohn Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:13 pm

This is the Elm I've been asking about. It is in my photos Chinese Elm Img_0115

Last edited by moyogijohn on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:26 pm; edited 3 times in total

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Chinese Elm Empty chinese elm

Post  moyogijohn Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:44 pm

This is one of the elms that has or had black spot so bad..they are getting better now..thank you all for your help.. john Want to know what everyone thinks thanks first post all of you know

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Chinese Elm Empty elm tree

Post  moyogijohn Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:41 am

I think the black spot has stoped but i had to prune back pretty good..mayby i can save this one .not having a good year but i will keep trying. thanks for all of your support john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:28 am

Hello John. Try a dilute solution of Lime Sulphur, 30/1. That should put the blackspot to bed. I like the movement in the upper branches but I cwould lose the downward looping branch on the left.

Back to top Go down

Post  moyogijohn Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:16 am

Thank you WILL for your post..you do not think it would look off balance with out that branch???? any other information for me?? thank you john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  moyogijohn Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:28 pm

Now comes the elm..victrinia alaink anyone what do you think of this one??? it is a brussels tree from mississippi. thanks john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Chinese Elm Empty Re: Chinese Elm

Post  Hawaiian77 Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:59 pm

will baddeley wrote:I like the movement in the upper branches but I cwould lose the downward looping branch on the left.

Howzit John,

I'm with Will, I would lose that left branch. I think it would look much better without it. IMHO Very Happy

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:31 pm

I agree with Tim...

A Hui Hou to you too Cool
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian Young Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:17 pm

John,

A cheap and cheerful virtual. I have removed a branch or two and changed the potting angle to balance the apex. Pot added just to tidy up the virtual but it's too light in colour. I agree with those above. It a far more natural image without the lower branch.

Chinese Elm Img_0110
Ian Young
Ian Young

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:14 pm

Howzit Ian,

Nice virtual ThumbsUp That's how I would see it. The pot looks cool but a little darker maybe. Smile

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Chinese Elm Empty Elm tree

Post  moyogijohn Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:18 pm

Well Thank you,Will,Alaink,Ian,Tim, very much for your opions and post.The tree is like it was when i got it except for trimming the foliage back.also fighting black spot for a while. if a was to take that branch off,,it is a chinese thing, was on the tree wheh i got it when would you do it??? Wait till spring or do it now?? Ian,i do like the virtual you made pot too maybe a little darker..thank you all let me know when ok?? the best,john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:49 am

Howzit John,

IMHO, I would go ahead and do it. This time of year it should be O.K. Living in Hawaii we could do it anytime.

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down