Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

windswept quince

4 posters

Go down

windswept quince Empty windswept quince

Post  JimLewis Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:16 pm

Here's a shohin windswept flowering-quince-under-development. It is a root-ovr-rock wannabe, but I am not sure that's going to work. Now, it is in a CHEAP Japanese pot. I wonder if folks could suggest what its final pot might be.

windswept quince Windsw10
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

windswept quince Empty windswept quince

Post  jamesransom Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:05 pm

Hi Jim
I would like to plant it in a rough style rock pot or cresent style pot if it were mine. I just feel you would focus on the blooms more as it would be a contrast to them. My poor picture gives an idea but would have the pot ot stone very dark or earth color with dark colors in it.

[img]windswept quince Windsw10[/img]

James
jamesransom
jamesransom

Back to top Go down

windswept quince Empty Re: windswept quince

Post  prestontolbert Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:27 am

Jim-
It seems to me your quince would look great on a narrow slab. It would sort of reflect the flow of the tree. windswept quince Windsw10

(This is my first virtual) cheers
prestontolbert
prestontolbert

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:35 am

Both good suggestions. I'm not wild about crescent pots, but I do have one of about the right size, and I have a lot of slate slabs lying around. So, good thoughts. TNX
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:26 pm

I don't like mixing a root over rock on a rock slab. Too much of a good thing is no good.

The root over rock though is very weak on this tree. It would look better without the rock in a small glazed pot.
Also doing a windswept quince is an exercise in futility. I'd let it grow in its natural clump style and make a nice shohin out of it.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down