silverfish or pincher bugs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silverfish or pincher bugs

Post  DJSEND on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:10 pm

Hello everyone,

I did a search but didnt find anything related so I wanted to see if anyone has a way to get rid of silverfish or the little pincher bugs. I know they love humid environments an everytime I pick up or rotate one of my pots it seems like millions of these little bugs fall off my benches. They're not hurting any of my trees but I'm starting to notice them making their way into the house. I want to get rid of them but I just dont knwo what to use. Anythoughts would be greatly appriciated!

Jay

DJSEND

Back to top Go down

Re: silverfish or pincher bugs

Post  NeilDellinger on Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:01 am

Jay,
If this is the guy then there are a couple of ways to get ride of them. The easiest way is to get a tupperware container (like a small plastic butter tub) and cut a couple holes about half way up the side, about the size of a dime. Put worcestershire sauce in the bottom. This will attract them and then you can just throw them away. I had them in my house in Illinois. This method worked.

They feed on things other than your plants. Paper, glue (book bindings etc...) They are seeking moisture & darkness most likely.

Last edited by NeilDellinger on Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

Post  DJSEND on Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:59 am

Thanks Neil,

I dont know if I'm more impressed with the fact that you had such a great solution or the fact that you could actually spell "worcestershire" right. I've got my little tub out there now so we'll see how it does!

thanks again,

Jay

DJSEND

Back to top Go down

Post  NeilDellinger on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:36 am

If you leave them in the sauce for a couple hours they take on a great flavor if sauted with some shallots & butter. Shocked

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:57 am

Excellent recipe Neil! Laughing

Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DJSEND on Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:52 pm

just tried it Neil, a bit crunchy but not too bad!

DJSEND

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum