french exhibition

View previous topic View next topic Go down

french exhibition

Post  mathias on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:43 pm

Some pictures of the french exhibition in Sainte Tulle (near Aix en Provence and Marseille), last week-end.
[img][/img][url][/url][url][/url]

mathias

Back to top Go down

Re: french exhibition

Post  mathias on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:46 pm

[img][/img]

mathias

Back to top Go down

Post  mathias on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:52 pm

mathias

Back to top Go down

Post  mathias on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:59 pm

On saturday, daiza workgroup with Marco Favero and Fabrizio buccini

Fabrizio

mathias

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:52 pm

Thanks for sharing, Mathias. Are your stones among those displayed?

It is great to see Marco Favero!!!

Last edited by Chris Cochrane on Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:05 pm

Excellent stones displayed and a nice insight into Fabrizio and Marco's daiza technique. Thanks for posting.

Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

French exhibition

Post  trantanhung_nt on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:36 am

Hello ,
Isee that you" ve played the French - style stone SUISEKI .
I feel very good about the rocks in the exhibit .
( the rock " Le chat " : I am very like )
Thank you .

trantanhung_nt

Back to top Go down

Post  mathias on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:24 am

Chris Cochrane wrote:Thanks for sharing, Mathias. Are your stones among those displayed?

It is great to Marco Favero!!!

Hello Chris,

I have had only one stone in this exhibition :

mathias

Back to top Go down

Post  mathias on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:28 am

More pictures :

mathias

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane on Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:49 pm

Hi Mathias... I like your stone with meandering, horizontal layering. Is it a Wuling (Chinese) stone mounted in a well-crafted, modern, Japanese-style daiza? If the stone was collected in Europe, it is an exceptional stone in texture & color combination.

Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:27 pm

Hi Mathias,
Thank you for posting.
What a pleasure. I appreciate so many of the stones displayed.
Is this an annual event? I would love to give it a visit.

The stone that draws me the most would be this one.

Thanks again.

Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  mathias on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:26 am

Hi !

Chris, my stone is a gift (Marco Favero). She comes from France (South of the Alpes), and I have made the daiza with plane tree. This daiza was difficult to make !

Jeremy, yes it's an annual event, always in the same place (Sainte Tulle), on the south of France, near Aix en Provence. It's always on the beginning of June.
This year, a collect was programmed but there is too much snow where we want to go (2800 m altitude). A new collect is foresee on september.

mathias

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane on Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Hi Mathias... Wow! Marco is a generous friend. He gave me my first Ligurian stone, and it deeply aged in color (as some do more than others) by just being left alone; Marco knew its potential. That was a delightful surprise. He gave me another Ligurian stone landscape-view stone with a rose-colored limestone band that is among my favorites; you can feel the warmth of the hillside! Most importantly, Marco shares deep feeling & true friendship. His friends become your friends & you share the joy of caring for Marco as though he was in your family. I am moved to hear of anyone he embraces.

Marco's gift of languages is one of those talents that propels him. When visiting his home in Turino, Italy, I got to see his library. The older books in French on Japanese gardens were AMAZING.

I once stayed in Bonnieux as a central location for visiting southern France. It was before I knew Marco. Every time I left town to go in different directions, I would find myself later at the foot of a hill with the sign: "Menerbes: One of the Most Beautiful Towns in France." It seemed you couldn't leave Bonnieux without landing at Menerbes in about 20 minutes. Often, the roads would become narrower & narrower until they transformed into bike or walking paths. Even the little Renault that I was driving (a zippy, fun car in the mountains!) was unable to proceed. The natural light over fields of lavendar & in nature were glorious to view. There was much to see that I subsequently regret missing. Perhaps, I profited by not being focused on creeks & stones, then... but I need to visit there, again.

One of the delights of your stone exhibit is the inclusion of a few bonsai. My viewing stone group meets at a bonsai museum, but for our somewhat lengthy exhibits, only a few very small complementary plants are displayed. I prefer the bonsai & stones shown together, but as separately important, individual objects for contemplation. This appears nicely done in your exhibit!

Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane on Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi Mathias... An antiques shop which I visit recently revamped its website. When I saw articles made of ridged, reishi fungus, I thought of your stone's color & texture. Visit Kagedo-- a Ridged Fungus Hanging Vase.

Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  furuya on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:19 pm

Hi Chris,
I'm sorry but mathias din't share a good picture of his stone,it is so:
marco

ps: soon I will send more pictures

furuya

Back to top Go down

Post  trantanhung_nt on Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:38 am

Hi FARUYA ,
This is a technique of making daiza - Stone ... is very difficult for me .
Thank your posting .
Regards .
HUNG-TRAN .

trantanhung_nt

Back to top Go down

Post  furuya on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:33 pm

Hi HUNG-TRAN ,

Yes I agree, but mathias followed our suggestions on Forum Suiseki Force&Beaute' in making daiza
and for him it was the first daiza.Like you see, mathias was extremely skilful.
See the stone before daiza:

furuya

furuya

Back to top Go down

Post  furuya on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:06 pm

I will post some other stones of our exhibit:

twin towers

Hope you like them; for any infos please be free to ask for,
thanks in advance,

furuya

here our exhibit room

furuya

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 am

Marco:
The exhibition and the stones are magnificent.
The second stone in your last post is a real gem.
Good to see you posting again.

Peter Aradi
San Antonio, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  furuya on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:42 pm

Hi Peter,

thank you so much for your kind appreciation, these stones are the first good exhibit in French because they are native stones
for greater part; not the first and second stone which is a Ligurian stone from my friend Fabrizio Buccini.
We hope to share better next year.
Kinds regards,

marco

furuya

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:10 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum