Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for suggestions on these two

2 posters

Go down

Looking for suggestions on these two Empty Looking for suggestions on these two

Post  Zootenval Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:59 am

I acquired these two a few months back. Would love comments & suggestions regarding styling and suitable pots. Thanks.

Looking for suggestions on these two DSC01941
Portulicaria Afra

Looking for suggestions on these two DSC01943
Boxwood
Zootenval
Zootenval

Back to top Go down

Looking for suggestions on these two Empty Re: Looking for suggestions on these two

Post  JimLewis Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:48 pm

Well, you could make a rather boring cascade out of the right side, or there are a couple of alternative informal upright trees you could make out of the slingshot:

Looking for suggestions on these two Box_311

Looking for suggestions on these two Box_110

The second one offers fewer alternatives. All rather mediocre (IMHO).

Looking for suggestions on these two Box_210
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Looking for suggestions on these two Empty Looking for suggestions on these two

Post  Guest Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:04 pm

I like Jim's suggestion for the Portulicaria as a semi cascade. The Boxwood, I suggest cutting above the first branch to make a literati. Thera is better movement and better taper.

Back to top Go down

Looking for suggestions on these two Empty Re: Looking for suggestions

Post  Zootenval Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:22 pm

Thanks for both of you taking the time to help a relative Bonsai newcomer with creative suggestions. I particularly like the slingshot suggestions for the Portulicaria. As for the boxwood, it never occurred to be to make a cut above the first branch, but now that I see it, it is quite appealing. In fact, it reminded me of this wonderful tree I saw on holiday this past Christmas in the British Virgin Islands. As I learn more about Bonsai, it is remarkable how much more time I am taking to really take in nature and learn from what is around me.

Looking for suggestions on these two Anegada011

Anegada BVI, December 2009
Zootenval
Zootenval

Back to top Go down

Looking for suggestions on these two Empty Re: Looking for suggestions on these two

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down