Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could you help me identify this tree please

4 posters

Go down

Could you help me identify this tree please Empty Could you help me identify this tree please

Post  Mr Majik Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:53 pm

Hello, absolute new-be to bonsai, or anythings planted for that matter. i bought this tree at a car boot sale and... *gulp (slightly nervous after reading the subtly venomous message on the "Need Help identifying a tree" thread which made me feel smaller than my trees branches and well near put me off the whole thing)... I didnt think to ask what it was called. browsing through web page upon web page i think it might be a beech... or ash... perhaps even sageretia? maby im completly wrong on all counts in which case Jim feel free to smite me while i "Pot Cultivate" my knowledge.

My location is France

I beleve its a rather common european tree and here are the photos...

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=219341&id=638166881&l=272e16b815

Thanks in advance for your expert knowledge

Mr Majik
Mr Majik
Mr Majik

Back to top Go down

Could you help me identify this tree please Empty Re: Could you help me identify this tree please

Post  Randy_Davis Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:22 pm

Hello Mr. Majik

Your tree looks like it's probably a chinese elm (Ulmus parvifolia). A good starter bonsai tree for the new commer.

ta ta,
Randy
Randy_Davis
Randy_Davis

Back to top Go down

Could you help me identify this tree please Empty Re: Could you help me identify this tree please

Post  Eastern Bonsai Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:54 pm

Its hard to say. Do you have a close up picture of the leaf. I was thinking a possible hornbeam.
Abe
Eastern Bonsai
Eastern Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  amazonida Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:57 pm

that's correct. Ulmus.

amazonida

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Majik Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:15 pm

Thanks for all your help. at first i thought it was a hornbeam too but looking at sample on the net it didnt seem to match up. the chinese elm however seems to be a perfect match and a very likley candidate, being a common & beginner Bonsai.

Merci !

Mr Majik
Mr Majik
Mr Majik

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down