Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Photo

4 posters

Go down

Another Photo Empty Another Photo

Post  hinksy Sat May 22, 2010 4:59 am

Just another picture of some of the trees, the two Scots Pines were only collected last Autumn, and were very sparse when i aquired them , but they are coming along , the one on the left is based on the tress growing in the Haungshan mountains in China , thanks ,..Another Photo Bonsai11

hinksy

Back to top Go down

Another Photo Empty Re: Another Photo

Post  Rob Kempinski Sat May 22, 2010 12:25 pm

hinksy wrote:Just another picture of some of the trees, the two Scots Pines were only collected last Autumn, and were very sparse when i aquired them , but they are coming along , the one on the left is based on the tress growing in the Haungshan mountains in China , thanks ,..

Nice material. Good to see Chinese styles being used for inspiration.

Would you mind telling us your name?
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  mr treevolution Sat May 22, 2010 2:31 pm

With all those lovely trees in the back of the photo it looks like you know what you are doing bonsai wise!
So why are you collecting pines, potting, wiring and styling them less than half a year since collection?
This to me is a no no. Hope they do do ok and dont die!
Regards Nick

mr treevolution

Back to top Go down

Post  hinksy Sat May 22, 2010 3:26 pm

mr treevolution wrote:With all those lovely trees in the back of the photo it looks like you know what you are doing bonsai wise!
So why are you collecting pines, potting, wiring and styling them less than half a year since collection?
This to me is a no no. Hope they do do ok and dont die!
Regards Nick
HI Nick , i have never had a problem with working on Pines straight away after collection , as long as the tree is securely tied in the pot , and when i wire on Pines i always wrap the wire securely, as this as the avantantage of slowing the sap down , and then i remove some the terminals,leaving a few needles this along with the wiring , encourages adventious buds to apear along the branches , but don`t over water , and when you think the tree responding (growing ) i apply small amounts os seaweed fertiliser as a foliar spray the Pines you see in the photo were very legggy and only had growth at the branch ends , lol Dave .

hinksy

Back to top Go down

Another Photo Empty Looking Good

Post  carl Sat May 22, 2010 5:28 pm

Hi Dave
The trees are looking good, the photos are a poor imitation as I have seen your collection up close and they are more amazing in real life. Keep up the good work will see you soon and maybe do some more work together.
Carl thumbs up

carl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down