Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new post same tree

2 posters

Go down

new post same tree Empty new post same tree

Post  moyogijohn Thu May 20, 2010 5:58 pm

My two girls bought the larch tree i posted about a while back..nursery stock ball and burlap in mud clay.all i did to it so far is top it where the new apex branch is. need to know how far to go because i can not lose this one i hope.suggestions please..thanks john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

new post same tree Empty new post larch tree

Post  moyogijohn Fri May 21, 2010 11:24 pm

I do not mean to be a pest to anyone but I need some help with this one..I have wanted a larch for a long time so my girls got the one i found at the landscape nursery..Like i said i topped the tree washed off all the mud no root pruning and potted it in a large plastic pot.that is all i have done so far .. thanks in advance..john in w. va.

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

new post same tree Empty Re: new post same tree

Post  RKatzin Sat May 22, 2010 12:34 am

Hi John, I would say you've done enough for one season. Allow the tree to recover completely before proceeding with any further training. Boy! Have I learned er, ahem, am learning this lesson the hard way. I'm going to cast a broad net here, knowing there's an exception to every rule, all conifers can withstand one treatment per season and need to be fully recovered before proceeding further. Larch are one of the easier conifers and not nearly as temperamental as some of the pines, but still it's best to proceed slowly and only perform training on healthy, vigorously growing trees. Use this season to get her up and going again and see how it breaks out next spring.
RKatzin
RKatzin

Back to top Go down

new post same tree Empty LARCH TREE

Post  moyogijohn Sat May 22, 2010 2:14 am

Thank you for your post,I think i am finished for the season thanks John

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

new post same tree Empty Re: new post same tree

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down