Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oooh....ahhh.....aahhh....ohhh...that's better.

+6
Joe Hatfield
bonsaisr
Jay Gaydosh
matt addie
fiona
Harleyrider
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Oooh....ahhh.....aahhh....ohhh...that's better. Empty Oooh....ahhh.....aahhh....ohhh...that's better.

Post  Harleyrider Thu May 13, 2010 7:59 pm

Good eventide, chaps and chapesses.

I just popped in to tell you that I've now got access to my pc again (if you know what I mean), and that my shingles seems to be abating somewhat. Hopefully, come weekend I should be well enough to start posting again. I'm still having trouble sitting still for more than a few minutes without causing myself pain, but things are getting better.

So, hopefully I'll see/chat to you all soon!

Before I go I'd just like to thank Will for the lovely little Elm he sent me, I absolutely love it! I'll post pics soon so you can all see it in very dense leaf!

Steve
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Oooh....ahhh.....aahhh....ohhh...that's better. Empty Re: Oooh....ahhh.....aahhh....ohhh...that's better.

Post  fiona Thu May 13, 2010 8:15 pm

Beware! Beware! Beware! The Hog Rider is back!

So. Will sent you a tree? What a crawler! Bugger that. Give's your shingles so he'll send me a nice tree. Oh on second thoughts - doesn't matter. I've found a red felt-tip pen. (Applies angry looking spots) There. Will!! I've got a lurgy. Send us a tree. flutter eyelashes flutter eyelashes

Oh by the way, Steve, I've sent you some Calamine Lotion to help ease your pain. It didn't half make a mess when I was inserting it into the USB port though.

Nice to see you back.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Oooh....ahhh.....aahhh....ohhh...that's better. Empty Re: Oooh....ahhh.....aahhh....ohhh...that's better.

Post  Harleyrider Thu May 13, 2010 8:28 pm

Laughing Ooh! Don't make me laugh....it hurts! Laughing
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  matt addie Thu May 13, 2010 8:42 pm

Very good to see you back, my friend cheers

Glad to see you're on the mend, take it easy and look after yourself thumbs up

Matt
matt addie
matt addie

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Thu May 13, 2010 8:51 pm

Cheers mate. I'll tell you what though, you should be researching new ways of ridding the world of shingles. Without doubt, it is the single worst ailment I've ever suffered from. And that includes the swine flu I had last year.
I always used to stifle a giggle when anyone mentioned that they had shingles (well, it just sounds to funny to be anything serious), not any more though. I've been in absolute agony for thelast two weeks, I've hardly slept, my skin feels like I've got really bad sunburn and someone's rubbing it with sandpaper. Even my clothes hurt.
One good thing though, I should have a cracking six pack soon, what with holding myself rigid in an effort to control the pain. Bonus! thumbs up
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Thu May 13, 2010 9:23 pm

Sounds like you had the shingles around the mid section. Sorry to hear that! Bloody painful whichever way you look at it. Back around 2000 I had opthalmic shingles. It ran the whole nerve route from the back of my head, up over the top of my right ear and onto my forehead. Couldn't stand in a slight breeze because the wind hurt my skin, forget washing or combing my hair. Plus it had the risk of getting into my eyes, which could result in blindness. Gives me the chills just thinking of it.

Shingles might sound funny, but I preferred telling people I had shingles, rather than telling them I had Herpes nervosa! (I believe that is the name.) Nope! Its Herpes Zoster.

Hope you feel better soon.

Jay
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 13, 2010 11:17 pm

Glad to hear you are on the mend, sounds like hell to me. Glad you liked the Elm, I'm sure it will be well looked after.
Sorry Fiona... One too many baldie jokes to qualify for a freebie. Oooh....ahhh.....aahhh....ohhh...that's better. Icon_sad

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Thu May 13, 2010 11:45 pm

will baddeley wrote: Sorry Fiona... One too many baldie jokes to qualify for a freebie.

Ah well! Hair today - gone tomorrow. Laughing Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 14, 2010 1:06 am

fiona wrote:
will baddeley wrote: Sorry Fiona... One too many baldie jokes to qualify for a freebie.

Ah well! Hair today - gone tomorrow. Laughing Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

And there was I, feeling guilty after sending the last post. changed my mind, picked out a stuning Elm, weighed it,boxed it, wrapped and then apropriate postage. Just happened to glance back at the forum and what do I get? .......... more abuse........

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsaisr Fri May 14, 2010 1:37 am

I'm surprised to find that you can get shingles as young as 45. I'm sorry to hear of your illness, glad you're recovering. In this country, there is now a vaccine for it, but how do you know if you need it?
Enjoy your elm.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Hatfield Fri May 14, 2010 7:32 am

Does this mean your getting a Trike?

Welcome back Sir! I hope everything works out. Good to see you on.

Take your meds and regards,

Joe
Joe Hatfield
Joe Hatfield

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 14, 2010 8:21 am

Hi Steve... well its great to have you back in the cyber land of the living. I am a long way away with Pavel... and yes... I have a shohin pine for you... on the mountain Pavel says ... For Harleyrider... THEN I have to carry the bugger down the hill!

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Fri May 14, 2010 9:24 am

Tony wrote:.. on the mountain Pavel says ... For Harleyrider... THEN I have to carry the bugger down the hill!

Please clarify which one it was you had to carry - Pavel or the pine?

If the former, then do tell Pavel I like his style.

Will Baddeley wrote:
And there was I, feeling guilty after sending the last post. changed my mind, picked out a stuning Elm, weighed it,boxed it, wrapped and then apropriate postage. Just happened to glance back at the forum and what do I get? .......... more abuse........

You love it though. Go on - admit it. Go on, go on, go on, go on.
Ah go on
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Oooh....ahhh.....aahhh....ohhh...that's better. Empty Re : Oooh....ahhh.....aahhh....ohhh...that's better

Post  Bob Brunt Fri May 14, 2010 6:16 pm

Hi Steve.
Glad to hear you are getting better.Will you be attending Tony's BBQ in June ?
If So see you there ... sunny
Bob Brunt
Bob Brunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Fri May 14, 2010 8:40 pm

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. They don't help in the slightest, but hey, the thought was there. Wink

Bob. Wild horses mate, wild horses! I'll be bringing a spare helmet with me as well, so camera's at the ready if you want to capture Tony's panic as he slides off the back of the bike Laughing

Tony: Thank Pavel for finding me a tree, would you my good man? I owe him one. In all honesty, I was semi-joking when I asked if there were any going spare. Obviously I'm not going to refuse it now that it's off the hill Very Happy
And what do you mean
THEN I have to carry the bugger down the hill!
?
After helping you haul Rhiannon down from her lofty perch I don't think 1 tiny little shohin Pine is asking too much! Cheeky sod. We can discuss this further when you're hanging on to the back of the bike at 90mph, if you like? Cool
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 17, 2010 2:35 pm

When you say 90 mph, I take it you have some serious hills to get up that kind of speed? Maybe a following force 10 wind to boot? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Mon May 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Nah. He just likes vindaloo curries.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Jones Mon May 17, 2010 7:55 pm

Grrrr, I just sold mine last year. Thinking about a trike right now. My old baby then.

Mike

Oooh....ahhh.....aahhh....ohhh...that's better. DSC01859
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul B (Scotland) Mon May 17, 2010 8:09 pm

Nice to see you back Steve and hope your pain eases up soon.

I work with a guy (same size as some kind of mountain Gorilla who plays prop forward for a Borders rugby team). We laughed at him complaining about the pain he was in with his shingles, but he said seriously it was the worst pain he'd ever been in.

Would like to pick your brains on a tattoo related question if you dont mind, but I'll do it by PM once I get the design into a format I can email.

Cheers
Paul B (Scotland)
Paul B (Scotland)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Mon May 17, 2010 8:39 pm

It is a lovely disfunction we humans have. Someone fals down the stairs, first thing we do is laugh, then we get help. When I had shingles I had co-workers tell me to come ove to their house. They were reroofing the house and were running short of shingles.

I sold my scooter in 2008 just before having my second surgery for a torn rotator cuff. Couldn't see the point in making insurance and registration payments just so I could visit the bike in the garage and drip tears on it because I couldn't ride it.

Now I'm looking into a trike as well. Not because of the shoulders, but the knees do add to the argument. I want to trike an old Mercedes or VW (diesel) and run it on recycled vegetable oil (like my SUV).

Stopped by my tatooist's shop today to get advice on finishing my back, sucker is closed on Mondays. How rude! (I'm usually off and out of town on Mondays, so I had no idea. LOL!)

Paul, if that is your avatar, my question would be, exactly what kind of tatoo would a Rotweiller get, anyway!

Jay
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Mon May 17, 2010 9:49 pm

Jay Gaydosh wrote: my question would be, exactly what kind of tatoo would a Rottweiller get, anyway! Jay
Probably anything he asked the tattoist for - I can't see him arguing.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Mon May 17, 2010 10:20 pm

fiona wrote:
Jay Gaydosh wrote: my question would be, exactly what kind of tatoo would a Rottweiller get, anyway! Jay
Probably anything he asked the tattoist for - I can't see him arguing.

I can't see him using a needle on a rotweiller either!
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Tue May 18, 2010 8:55 pm

@ Will: What would a flatlander know about hills?

@ Mike: Nice Heritage Classic! Same as mine, but much newer.

I remember the days when my bags were nice and firm like that. They're all old and wrinkly now.

Still, they've had some use over the years, so I can't complain. Very Happy
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul B (Scotland) Tue May 18, 2010 9:00 pm

We did actually think of getting her an identification tattoo, but opted for a microchip instead.

She loves the vets and has no fear of needles, worst she'd do to a tottoo artist would be to lick him to death. That probably brings a tear to your eye thinking about that just now Steve, her tongues like a slab of wet sandpaper. Might try seeing if she could clean my bonsai tools for me Laughing

Can anyone tell me can you attach a photo to a PM? I know some forums dont have the function to do so.

Thanks
Paul B (Scotland)
Paul B (Scotland)

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Tue May 18, 2010 9:06 pm

paul burke wrote: Can anyone tell me can you attach a photo to a PM?
In the words of Mr Obama: Yes we can. Same process as per posting in a thread.

Harleyrider wrote:I remember the days when my bags were nice and firm like that. They're all old and wrinkly now.
Still, they've had some use over the years, so I can't complain.
I ain't sayin' nuthin' here. flutter eyelashes
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next