Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LARCH TREE

+2
AlainK
moyogijohn
6 posters

Go down

LARCH TREE Empty LARCH TREE

Post  moyogijohn Wed May 05, 2010 4:51 pm

I do not know where to post this but i would like to have a larch bonsai..anyone have a place to get one???? thank you very much... sorry if i am in the wrong forum..john in w. va.

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

LARCH TREE Empty Re: LARCH TREE

Post  AlainK Wed May 05, 2010 5:13 pm

You're on the right forum, but you're on the wrong continent for me Smile

But I'm sure others around your place can direct you to the right place to find tamaracks for instance. Good choice, larch, I love them.

Best of luck in your quest.
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  RKatzin Wed May 05, 2010 6:01 pm

Hi John, I have to assume you want what you said, a pre-made larch bonsai. The only outfit I can personally vouch for is Dallas Bonsai (.com) in Dallas, Texas, and I'd shop with confidence for all your bonsai needs. Top of the line tools, pots, and trees. I believe they just put up some super deals on pre-bonsai stock and I'm almost certain there was a few larch in the lot. Some really nice start up kits with all you need to get a good start in bonsai, I priced the parts separately and couldn't put it together, without the tree, at their low price, or just want to add a tree to your collection. There's plenty of others as a google search for larch bonsai will produce, but I've not had dealings with any of them and reports are pro and con across the board. My personal beef with them all, without exception, is that they advertise junipers as indoor bonsai and sell them as such and the forums are full of good intended folks with dieing juniper bonsai sitting in a sunny kitchen window. Until they stop this practice I will not do business with or recommend them. Dallas Bonsai is the grandaddy of US bonsai production with over 40 yrs in the biz and dogonit, they're nice folks down there. You won't believe what you can get for a hundred bucks right now! Compare it to what you see on some of the other sites for the money. I've always stated that I would never buy a bonsai on line, but these trees Fred has put up for sale gives me cause to reconsider my conviction. Very Happy
RKatzin
RKatzin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Hatfield Wed May 05, 2010 9:52 pm

Natures Way Bonsai in Harrisburg has them. I just bought 2 a couple weeks ago.
Joe Hatfield
Joe Hatfield

Back to top Go down

Post  moyogijohn Thu May 06, 2010 12:08 am

Thank You Guys,i will check both of them...thanks john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

LARCH TREE Empty Larch Tree

Post  bonsaisr Thu May 06, 2010 3:15 am

Dallas Bonsai Garden has starter plants of Japanese larch. You can't tell what Natures Way has from their web site. I assume you want American larch. If at all possible, find someone who can get up into the mountains & collect one for you.
Contact Pauline Muth, Pauline@pfmBonsai.com. She usually has collected larch for sale, but I don't know if she ships. A really finished larch bonsai would be prohibitively expensive.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Hatfield Thu May 06, 2010 3:26 pm

I think you would have to call Jim Doyle at Natures Way and see if he would ship you any. They were all about the thickness of a pencil or a little thicker and about 1ft tall. If memory serves me right he should have about 50 of them. Smile

I just got through the Nick Lens book. Lots of information about the Larch in that book. I really enjoyed it.

Thanks Iris for recommending it in another posting. Stone lantern had it on sale.

Regards,

Joe
Joe Hatfield
Joe Hatfield

Back to top Go down

Post  moyogijohn Thu May 06, 2010 6:09 pm

Thank you iris and joe,, so far no one wants to ship. keep trying john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Gandalph Tue May 11, 2010 1:05 am

I ordered 5 American Larch, 2-3' tall for chopping and training, from Cold Stream Farm up in Freesoil MI. I haven't received them yet so I can't report on their quality. I had the same problem as you and they seemed to be the only ones that would ship and the shipping costs are very reasonable.. Not bonsai but good start

Hope this helps
Gandalph
Gandalph

Back to top Go down

Post  moyogijohn Tue May 11, 2010 5:57 pm

Thank you,Gandalph,,for the info about this nursery....i ordered 2 from them said they would get here next week.hope they work out for us had a time finding a nursery!!! thank you john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Gandalph Tue May 11, 2010 6:05 pm

No problem ----Glad I could help
Gandalph
Gandalph

Back to top Go down

LARCH TREE Empty larch seedlings

Post  moyogijohn Fri May 21, 2010 1:45 am

Got my little trees Gandalph..they are about pencil size maybe a little bigger but tall.do not know if i need to cut them down or not. put them in pots that gives growing room.need to know about the height anyway thanks a lot john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down