Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just another Blackthorn

+4
bumblebee
Todd Ellis
fiona
Peter E.
8 posters

Go down

just another Blackthorn Empty just another Blackthorn

Post  Peter E. Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:45 pm

Spring has arrived late here this year. Blackthorns are just flowering so i thought i would share mine with you all.
just another Blackthorn Blackt11
just another Blackthorn Flower11
just another Blackthorn Budsfl10

Peter E.

Back to top Go down

just another Blackthorn Empty Re: just another Blackthorn

Post  fiona Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:24 pm

I wouldn't say that is "just another" blackthorn, Peter. I'd be delighted to have it in my collection.

Swap you it for a packet of salt & vinegar and a bottle of Tizer? Nah, didn't think you would! just another Blackthorn Icon_lol
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

just another Blackthorn Empty just another Blackthorn

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:17 pm

Ditto Fiona's comments but I'll raise a Double Decker and a Strawberry Mivi. I think I owe Lee Kennedy an apology. They are the stars of British bonsai. Beautiful tree Peter. just another Blackthorn Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:47 am

I would have gone wth a Double Decker too, but the last one in the cupboard constituted dinner tonight.

I am rapidly falling in lurvvvve with Blackthorn. It's got everything going for it - flowers, dark intriguing bark, interesting trunk shapes, nice foliage colour, and good bit of celtic mysticism thrown in for good measure. Must remember to post an updated on the one I got from Lee "Mr Blackie" Kennedy some time soon.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:29 am

Pretty "Lady" of a Blackthorn. She looks like she's dancing in the pot. Lovely in everyway! I wonder if they are available in the US? The pot is lovely as well! Thanks for sharing.
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  bumblebee Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:51 am

I wish I had a blackthorn --- not sure they would be happy here in this climate, though. I look forward every time to see the ones from you all in the UK.

Libby

Last edited by bumblebee on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

bumblebee

Back to top Go down

just another Blackthorn Empty "just another blackthorn"

Post  alex e Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:03 pm

AYE RIGHT!!! "just another blackthorn" understatement of the year a wee beauty or what????
forget all the sweetie indulgences swap my missus flower [sorry luv Smile] lol! lol! ,just a thought scratch: the bottom trailing left branch, I think I would remove it, seems a touch heavy at the base
to "wax lyrical" the flow and elegance of the rest of the tree is dancing , a STUNNER!! .

Alex e
alex e
alex e

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:46 pm

Hi Peter.

Really beautiful tree. ThumbsUp ThumbsUp Very Happy

Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario Stefano Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:58 pm

Beautiful tree, a beautiful pot, excellent harmony ... Bravo! ThumbsUp
Mario Stefano
Mario Stefano

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter E. Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:09 pm

ummm!!!! chrisps,chocholate and Tizer. I'm tempted but she who must be obeyed has me on a diet after easter excess so i will have to say no this time.
Alex, sorry but i have one of them already and cannot afford another so also no deal.
Thanks to everone for the nice comments. The pot is by my favourate, Gordon Duffett. The tree is Chuhin size 15"/38cm in training 7 years.

Peter E.

Back to top Go down

Post  ogi uyehara Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:52 am

nice tree cheers cheers cheers
ogi uyehara
ogi uyehara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down