Ignored trees - alas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ignored trees - alas

Post  JimLewis on Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:16 pm

Aargh! Did my back in yesterday. Crying or Very sad So I'm flat on it today and for the next several days. Too many trees need pinching in the spring and it'll get undone.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Re: Ignored trees - alas

Post  Kev Bailey on Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:44 pm

Oh, you have my deepest sympathies Jim. Dunno if the recent medical advice in the UK might be of any interest to you. It sounds hard to swallow but they reckon that you should keep active and NOT rest it. Obviously this is only if you haven't slipped a disc.

I get a bad back every spring, but I know now that it is only excessive gardening and I do work my way through it.

Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK on Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:52 pm

Ah.

Slipped disk, glaucoma, cervical spondylosis,...

A friend of mine told me once "If you are over 50, don't ask yourself where it hurts, ak yourself where it doesn't"...

Now, I know what he meant.

AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:44 am

I have a full regime of exercises, It's just that none of them include reaching across bonsai tables and lifting pots.

Alain . . . wait 'till you're over 70!!!!!!!

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:36 am

Sorry you're in pain. Nothing back pain to stop you "in your tracks". I hope you feel better soon. Hot baths always make me feel better; if you can get "in and out". Regards, Todd

Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:57 pm

You have my sympathies Jim, I ripped my back muscles years ago by trying to pick my beloved off a sofa just before going to work ( The longest night of my life!) Every now and then my back reminds me at the most inopportune moments.

Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  littleart-fx on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:57 pm

JimL. Hopes are with u!

From the Netherlands where Easter fire burned,.....tradition in sacrifice,.....you're back wasn't there i feel......with u! Cool
And yes tons of work,....made several grafts...justs starting 2010 the year of....grafts and air layering...and doing witch (the B*tch) learning Twisted Evil
As in just starting bonsai,....... drunken

Fire was burning strong,....i had to....and am doing...Bonsai/ Bansai!

Sometimes my replay's come in double i write what i live,....as in now and forever don't want to cross boundaries, I live wood....dead or alive!
Cannot give more than that! Friends!

Humble under moderators Back it''ll soon be.... better i do hope and......Very Happy

ohwe yea,...please dont ban me!
Thnx nice people!

littleart-fx

Back to top Go down

Post  littleart-fx on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:09 pm

Hi! JimL..also known for own replies....

As is, and as constructor (in measurements) i know move around and try to meet the easy tree....mame or shohin..... Embarassed
Stairs up and down for nothing,...WONDERS! but slow,.....real....slow.slightly move around,...and take the care.
That one is nice!

grtzz M. where the fire place is still HOT!

littleart-fx

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:15 pm

littleart-fx wrote: ohwe yea,...please dont ban me! Thnx nice people!
Nah. We're not going to ban you. You've just given me a great title for a new short story. It will be called "The Witch, The B*tch and The Bonsai" and in it burning fires will feature extensively in deepest Netherlands. There will be many sacrifices going on, mostly at the hands of the bad wood daemons who wish to detroy bonsai creativity under a barrage of petty rules and other self-imposed artistic restrictions. This will continue until they are vanquished by the true tree spirit - the walterpoltergeist.

I just love these spirits.

The one I'm looking at just now is called Bunnahabhain.

my website

fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:52 am

fiona wrote:
littleart-fx wrote: ohwe yea,...please dont ban me! Thnx nice people!
Nah. We're not going to ban you. You've just given me a great title for a new short story. It will be called "The Witch, The B*tch and The Bonsai" and in it burning fires will feature extensively in deepest Netherlands. There will be many sacrifices going on, mostly at the hands of the bad wood daemons who wish to detroy bonsai creativity under a barrage of petty rules and other self-imposed artistic restrictions. This will continue until they are vanquished by the true tree spirit - the walterpoltergeist.

I just love these spirits.

The one I'm looking at just now is called Bunnahabhain.

We are sitting comfortably.............do begin....

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:11 am

Not to worry. When the bonsai forest comes to him, he'll just have to shout: "Birn'm all!"

cyclops

AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  littleart-fx on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:17 pm

Thanx! GOOD PEOPLE!
Fiona you made me smile,..... Laughing
Back to his back!

Jim any progress? Rolling Eyes

littleart-fx

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:44 pm

AlainK wrote:Not to worry. When the bonsai forest comes to him, he'll just have to shout: "Birn'm all!"

Ah Alain, a literary allusion that shows you are neither DUNCE nor INANE!

I'm away to administer some milk o' human kindness to Jim's back as we all know that back aches do indeed murder sleep.

my website

fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Hatfield on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:38 pm

Jim, fund a trip for me to come to NC and I'll help you out. Smile I got my pinching fingers ready thumbs up

Hope you feel better. I am only 26 but, I know the pain.

Joe Hatfield

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:01 am

will baddeley wrote:

We are sitting comfortably.............do begin....
Made me chuckle…..very good. Very Happy

Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:42 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum