Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juniperus communis Alpina - problem

3 posters

Go down

Juniperus communis Alpina  - problem Empty Juniperus communis Alpina - problem

Post  rolandp Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:21 am

Hi all.

I hope that some of you can help me with the problem whit my Juniperus communis Alpina.

The tree was designed last year in September and was very healthy until now. First some new buds on the top of the tree begun to turning brown, now some additional small brunches and buds are turning brown as well.

Picture 1: the tree in 2009/10

Juniperus communis Alpina  - problem Img9227m

Picture 2: the tree in 2010/03

Juniperus communis Alpina  - problem P1030888

If someone had some similar issue or has some ideas what the problem could be please let me know. Especially what are the possible steps to help the tree to survive.

Thanks and best regards, Roland
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Juniperus communis Alpina  - problem Empty Re: Juniperus communis Alpina - problem

Post  JimLewis Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:26 pm

The droopy needles and twigs indicate to me that it is a root problem.

Is the soil damp all the time? That could mean that the roots aren't functioning -- unless it's simply that you've watered too often (or had a very wet winter).

(It could also be a scale infestation -- but there would have to be a LOT of them.)
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Juniperus communis Alpina  - problem Empty Re: Juniperus communis Alpina - problem

Post  Kev Bailey Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:35 pm

It looks like you are suffering the same problem that we do with J communis. They survive collection and then take 2 to 3 years to die. They do this with such predictability that most people in the UK have given up collecting them.

We recently heard that there is a fungal infection that most trees in the wild cope with but it kills them after collection. The post is here https://ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/bonsai-f1/juniperus-communis-yamadori-2007-t2466.htm#24655
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down