Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I would love a virtual for this larch.

+5
Martijn Willems
Ravi Kiran
mike page
dorothy7774
Smithy
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I would love a virtual for this larch. - Page 2 Empty Re: I would love a virtual for this larch.

Post  Smithy Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:44 pm

wabashene wrote:What a fine job Smithy.

Althought the branch tear down looks risky I think there's every chance of a 100% success.

I often stick a flat wedgey bit of horticultural grit in there to take the strain off the wiring and pack it out with plasticine and vaseline for cosmetic effect only. (see the yellow dot on the included pic)

The bit of grit is still in a couple of my trees all grown over

I would love a virtual for this larch. - Page 2 Smithy10
thks

TimR

Hi Tim , do you mean by doing this ,when the wire is taken off this bit of grit helps to keep it open and in place.
Smithy
Smithy

Back to top Go down

I would love a virtual for this larch. - Page 2 Empty Re: I would love a virtual for this larch.

Post  Smithy Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:46 pm

jun wrote:Hi Smithy.
Very nice development. Since I don't do larch and pine. Just wondering how strong the first branch is after that deep cut above the branch?

regards,
jun Smile

Thanks Jun, I'll tell you in a few years if its still on there. Ive not done it before so i'm just experimenting with what i can get away with.
Smithy
Smithy

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:59 pm

Great work, great tree.

thumbs up
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  Smithy Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:47 am

Thanks Alain Very Happy
Smithy
Smithy

Back to top Go down

Post  wabashene Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:27 am

Smithy wrote:
wabashene wrote:What a fine job Smithy.

Althought the branch tear down looks risky I think there's every chance of a 100% success.

I often stick a flat wedgey bit of horticultural grit in there to take the strain off the wiring and pack it out with plasticine and vaseline for cosmetic effect only. (see the yellow dot on the included pic)

The bit of grit is still in a couple of my trees all grown over
thks

TimR

Hi Tim , do you mean by doing this ,when the wire is taken off this bit of grit helps to keep it open and in place.

Absolutely correct. Depending on what you're trying to achieve ultimately, you could leave it in to grow over and re-position the branch or in what I suspect is your case, remove it after a few seasons when you're really sure the branch will not spring back and so maintain the distressed look.

thks

TimR
wabashene
wabashene

Back to top Go down

Post  Smithy Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:31 am

Thanks Tim , i've got it now and I think thats what is in order for the other Larch i put up. I'm pulling the big branches down and i know they will want to spring back .

https://ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/t9990-larch-from-the-auction
Smithy
Smithy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2