Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SAN FRANCISCO FLOWER AND GARDEN SHOW

5 posters

Go down

SAN  FRANCISCO FLOWER AND GARDEN SHOW Empty SAN FRANCISCO FLOWER AND GARDEN SHOW

Post  mike page Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:54 pm

I've been getting bonsai ready for the big show next week at the San Mateo Event Center, March 24-28.
The image is a collected Coast Live Oak, quercus agrifolia, in a pot by Dale Cochoy. Height including pot is about 38 inches.
Several years ago I removed all the lower branches and carved the shari in the trunk. I've been working to develop the foliage canopy, and it's come along this year to the point of being show ready.
The foliage is all new this spring. Feeding and trimming off the old leaves has caused all the buds to develop new shoots, and luckily, just in time for the show.
SAN  FRANCISCO FLOWER AND GARDEN SHOW Talloa10
mike page
mike page

Back to top Go down

SAN  FRANCISCO FLOWER AND GARDEN SHOW Empty Re: SAN FRANCISCO FLOWER AND GARDEN SHOW

Post  Hawaiian77 Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:23 pm

Howzit Mike,
When you go the flower show tell Tricia from http://essenceofthetree.com/ that Tim from Maui said "Aloha". BTW, nice job on the Oak, cool looking bonsai pot!! ThumbsUp

-Tim Cool
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

SAN  FRANCISCO FLOWER AND GARDEN SHOW Empty Re: SAN FRANCISCO FLOWER AND GARDEN SHOW

Post  Todd Ellis Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:43 am

Beautiful tree, Mike. Will you post pictures of the show for us?
Thanks, Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaco Kriek Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:20 am

Really nice tree Mike. Are you going to show it with the wire?

Enjoy the show!
Jaco Kriek
Jaco Kriek

Back to top Go down

Post  mike page Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:57 pm

Todd, I'll try to get a few good pictures of the show to post.

Jaco, the wire has to stay. It doesn't stand out as much in real view as it does in the picture. I think it's more important to keep the foliage canopy in proper shape. Also, this show is more for the general public, and it gives them a question to ask about training branches.
mike page
mike page

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsaistud Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:42 pm

Wonderful Live Oak Mike...one of my favorites...enjoy the show...

Pat…mounted on my trusty stead, riding off wildly in all directions…
bonsaistud
bonsaistud

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down