Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japanese "Mikawa" Black Pine.

3 posters

Go down

Japanese "Mikawa" Black Pine. Empty Japanese "Mikawa" Black Pine.

Post  Hawaiian77 Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:00 am

Howzit guys,
I just got this in from ebay today. Very Happy It's a Japanese "Mikawa" Black Pine and I'm thinking about putting it in the ground to thicken the trunk. Any thoughts?

-Tim Cool
Japanese "Mikawa" Black Pine. Img_0312
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Japanese "Mikawa" Black Pine. Empty Re: Japanese "Mikawa" Black Pine.

Post  Todd Ellis Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:22 pm

Nice little pine, Tim. I have found some good bargains on eBay. Putting it in the ground will certainly give you a bigger tree, sooner. This has a nice miyogi shape and nice roots from the look in the picture. Happy planting! Regards, Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  kingbean Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:55 pm

go for it I just planted my japanese hornbeam and a trident maple in the ground to fatten them up.
I put a plate underneath the roots of the hornbeam and a flat rock under the maple.
kingbean
kingbean

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:26 am

kingbean wrote:go for it I just planted my japanese hornbeam and a trident maple in the ground to fatten them up.
I put a plate underneath the roots of the hornbeam and a flat rock under the maple.

Mahalo Kingbean...... thats a good idea!! ThumbsUp How big of a flat rock and/or plate did you use?

-Tim Cool
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:18 am

Todd Ellis wrote:Nice little pine, Tim. I have found some good bargains on eBay. Putting it in the ground will certainly give you a bigger tree, sooner. This has a nice miyogi shape and nice roots from the look in the picture. Happy planting! Regards, Todd

Mahalo Todd,

I think if I would plant it more towards the right it would be more interesting.

-Tim Cool
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down