Japanese "Mikawa" Black Pine.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Japanese "Mikawa" Black Pine.

Post  Hawaiian77 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:00 am

Howzit guys,
I just got this in from ebay today. Very Happy It's a Japanese "Mikawa" Black Pine and I'm thinking about putting it in the ground to thicken the trunk. Any thoughts?

-Tim Cool

Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese "Mikawa" Black Pine.

Post  Todd Ellis on Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:22 pm

Nice little pine, Tim. I have found some good bargains on eBay. Putting it in the ground will certainly give you a bigger tree, sooner. This has a nice miyogi shape and nice roots from the look in the picture. Happy planting! Regards, Todd

Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  kingbean on Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:55 pm

go for it I just planted my japanese hornbeam and a trident maple in the ground to fatten them up.
I put a plate underneath the roots of the hornbeam and a flat rock under the maple.

kingbean

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 on Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:26 am

kingbean wrote:go for it I just planted my japanese hornbeam and a trident maple in the ground to fatten them up.
I put a plate underneath the roots of the hornbeam and a flat rock under the maple.

Mahalo Kingbean...... thats a good idea!! ThumbsUp How big of a flat rock and/or plate did you use?

-Tim Cool

Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 on Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:18 am

Todd Ellis wrote:Nice little pine, Tim. I have found some good bargains on eBay. Putting it in the ground will certainly give you a bigger tree, sooner. This has a nice miyogi shape and nice roots from the look in the picture. Happy planting! Regards, Todd

Mahalo Todd,

I think if I would plant it more towards the right it would be more interesting.

-Tim Cool

Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:58 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum