Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

juniperus shoin

2 posters

Go down

juniperus shoin Empty juniperus shoin

Post  Ivo Saporiti Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:13 am

Hi, i would like to show you a work on a tree that i like much.
It's not a great work, but i think the result is interesting.

The raw material.
juniperus shoin 00010

Some hours later.
juniperus shoin 00113

Why i like it, and i think it's intersting?
When in a pics, it's difficult to see the dimension and it's easy to think the tree bigger(as dimension), the miniaturization has been succesful: it can be a bonsai.
juniperus shoin 00310

Ivo Saporiti

Back to top Go down

juniperus shoin Empty twisty little junipers

Post  Guest Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:07 am

Hi Ivo we had a lot of discussion about these twisty little junipers here on this forum a couple of months ago. your solution is great. I like the fact that it is compact and the scale is good to.

Back to top Go down

juniperus shoin Empty Re: juniperus shoin

Post  fiona Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:23 am

I too am an an owner of a twisty corkscrew Shohin juniper. The phrase "cookie cutter" has been used to describe a lot of these trees, mostly because they seem to be suffering from "Chinese Elm syndrome" in that they appear mass-produced and every one is pretty much the same shape as raw material. Just because they cost significantly more than Chinese Elms doesn't make that underlying point any less true.

However, the difference will come at the hand of the stylist, and I can say, Ivo, that yours is one of the best I have seen. Well done. You have taken a cliche of a standard template and turned it into an individual tree. Like Tony, I like the compactness of the tree and the new planting angle enhances it considerably.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Gæst Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:34 am

Good work. It is very true that these standard-pre bonsai often looks almost exactly alike, and therefore the challenge is to break the style and find another more artistic/interesting design. Well done.

Regards
Morten

Gæst

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down