Tsunami Warnings on Maui

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tsunami Warnings on Maui

Post  Hawaiian77 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:10 pm

Aloha Guys,
I got the call about 04:30am to come to work (Highways) because of the tsunami warnings. When I got to the baseyard we had to take our heavy equipments out to the deferent parts of the island. And it would be my luck that they put me in the middle of the tsunami zone with a front-loader and one dump truck driver on top of a hill!! Mad (God help me!!) Anyway, from where we were I could see the ocean so we waited and waited. I did see the waters recede a little and saw the coral heads and a minute later it would be covered with water again. And thats was the extent of the tsunami. At about 13:35pm it was all clear that the roads was open again. Luckily it was on a weekend and all the schools were out. It would have been a mess!! Sad One good thing came out of all this. All the government agencies are much better prepared if an event like this should happen again. So how's the snow so far?? Evil or Very Mad lol! Very Happy

-Tim Cool

Hawaiian77
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Tsunami Warnings on Maui

Post  Smithy on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:53 pm

that must have have been quite a buzz sitting there watching and waiting for the 'wave'. Holding back the waves with your front loader. Very Happy

Smithy
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Tsunami Warnings on Maui

Post  Gæst on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:26 pm

Good to hear that there was no big waves this time. And regarding the snow Rolling Eyes IT IS MELTING and spring is starting Dance - at least here in Denmark...

Regards
Morten

Gæst
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tsunami Warnings on Maui

Post  Hawaiian77 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:58 pm

Smithy wrote:that must have have been quite a buzz sitting there watching and waiting for the 'wave'. Holding back the waves with your front loader. Very Happy

The thing about that is it was just to guys with two heavy equipments and about 9 miles of coast line to wacth for. (GOOD LUCK!!) affraid

Hawaiian77
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Tsunami Warnings on Maui

Post  Hawaiian77 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:05 pm

morten albek wrote:Good to hear that there was no big waves this time. And regarding the snow Rolling Eyes IT IS MELTING and spring is starting Dance - at least here in Denmark...

Regards
Morten

Mahalo Morten,
We were lucky this time but I don't know how much longer it will last! Crying or Very sad It's great that spring it starting over there. Some parts of the US are still having a lot of snow.

Aloha,
-Tim Cool

Hawaiian77
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Tsunami Warnings on Maui

Post  Jay Gaydosh on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:07 am

Hey Tim,

Glad to hear it all went easy, we were all worried for you.

I was extra worried about my guest accommodations (aka: the dog house!) Laughing

Dog houses are OK, dog houseboats.... I'm not that keen about!

Jay

Jay Gaydosh
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Tsunami Warnings on Maui

Post  Hawaiian77 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Jay Gaydosh wrote:Hey Tim,

Glad to hear it all went easy, we were all worried for you.

I was extra worried about my guest accommodations (aka: the dog house!) Laughing

Dog houses are OK, dog houseboats.... I'm not that keen about!

Jay

Jay, You Nuts!! lol! Much Mahalo to you and everyone for thinking about us. I don't know how much more of this I can take. It's been a few years now that we had some close calls. They say one day it will hit be it a hurricane or a tsunami. And about the dog house..... Well, I'm using it for a few days. Crying or Very sad 'Miss Kitty" mad at me. Sad Sad Sad (Don't ask! Been a bad boy. Twisted Evil )

-Tim Cool

Hawaiian77
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Tsunami Warnings on Maui

Post  Jay Gaydosh on Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:00 am

Hawaiian77 wrote:
Jay Gaydosh wrote:Hey Tim,

Glad to hear it all went easy, we were all worried for you.

I was extra worried about my guest accommodations (aka: the dog house!) Laughing

Dog houses are OK, dog houseboats.... I'm not that keen about!

Jay

Jay, You Nuts!! lol! Much Mahalo to you and everyone for thinking about us. I don't know how much more of this I can take. It's been a few years now that we had some close calls. They say one day it will hit be it a hurricane or a tsunami. And about the dog house..... Well, I'm using it for a few days. Crying or Very sad 'Miss Kitty" mad at me. Sad Sad Sad (Don't ask! Been a bad boy. Twisted Evil )


Been there done that, had to build a bigger doghouse. Could never find the remote!



-Tim Cool

Jay Gaydosh
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Tsunami Warnings on Maui

Post  Hawaiian77 on Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:28 am

I know what you mean Cuz...... now I have to make brownie points with "Miss Kitty" in a few days. Just got you watch out for the flying pots!! affraid affraid affraid

-Tim Cool

Hawaiian77
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Tsunami Warnings on Maui

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:55 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum