Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sergentii Junper suggestions

Go down

Sergentii Junper suggestions Empty Sergentii Junper suggestions

Post  reusername Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:26 pm

I just bought this from the back of a nursery. I know its pretty leggy and very little foliage but i thought it would be a good project. The one problem i'm seeing is that the branches seem very brittle, like they won't be able to be wired. Anyone have any suggestions on where/how to begin with this tree?

Sergentii Junper suggestions Th_DSCN2837
Sergentii Junper suggestions Th_DSCN2833
Sergentii Junper suggestions Th_DSCN2835
Sergentii Junper suggestions Th_DSCN2836
Sergentii Junper suggestions Th_DSCN2838
Sergentii Junper suggestions Th_DSCN2834
Sergentii Junper suggestions Th_DSCN2839

reusername

Back to top Go down

Sergentii Junper suggestions Empty Re: Sergentii Junper suggestions

Post  reusername Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:58 pm

i would really appreciate some ideas. I was planning on going to my first bonsai club meeting tonight and this month it says to" bring in a bonsai that has stumped you for a long time, i know this is not what they are looking for and its not even bonsai, but i'd like to have an idea.

reusername

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:26 pm

reusername wrote:i would really appreciate some ideas. I was planning on going to my first bonsai club meeting tonight and this month it says to" bring in a bonsai that has stumped you for a long time, i know this is not what they are looking for and its not even bonsai, but i'd like to have an idea.

Hi Reusername... its difficult to give you any ideas as the tree appears to have no redeeming features, I sound like an old gramophone record here but. "Plant it in the ground, wait for it to thicken, and get healthier" then you will have something worth working on.

Sorry to be blunt.

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  reusername Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:34 pm

Hm, ya, i kind of felt like that. Do you think i should cut back some of the twiggy dead wood, and/or branches that i dont think i will use.Or put it in the ground as is?

reusername

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:57 pm

reusername wrote:Hm, ya, i kind of felt like that. Do you think i should cut back some of the twiggy dead wood, and/or branches that i dont think i will use.Or put it in the ground as is?

Hi ... Just plant it straight into the ground in a sunny position, wire some movement into the trunks with 'loose' wire, feed feed feed and in a few years you will have material worth working on.

happy bonsai

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  reusername Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:28 pm

thanks i will do just that.

reusername

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down