What a Truly Amazing Club and Site

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What a Truly Amazing Club and Site

Post  Tom McCue on Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:07 am

The IBC was brought to my attention last October. I opened the site and started checking out the Forum. After about a week I joined. I was introduced to Bonsai about 2 years ago and have joined my local Bonsai Club "The 4 Seasons Bonsai Club of Michigan. I have gathered a modest collection (of young Bonsai) a few hardy and a few tropical. I have not posted any pics and I stay pretty much out of the picture and just check out the threads. I would like all of you to know though I am truly amazed and impressed by the talent and skill of the members of this club. Your eye for the art and skill of execution is truly impressive. I am truly humbled as I have little skill and the art is difficult to see. I read all I can, check out the internet and attend all club functions. I only hope in time (I am patient) I will achieve some of the skills that many of you possess. Thank you so much for this club, making it accessible to me and allowing me to be part of it. I am truly honored

Tom

Tom McCue

Back to top Go down

Re: What a Truly Amazing Club and Site

Post  John Quinn on Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:09 am

The IBC is made possible by sincere individuals such as yourself. Thanks for participating!

John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:56 pm

Welcome! It certainly can be inspirational to see the trees so many of our members can and do produce. Few of the rest of us will attain those levels, but we still can learn as much as can be crammed into our skulls -- then pass that info on to beginners in the sport as best we can.

Please don't hesitate to take part here, Ask questions. Show us what you are doing.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy on Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:45 pm

Hey Tom

With the level of enthusiastic passion that you obviously have I bet It wont be long before you have a nice collection of pleasing little trees. Keep asking questions and sometimes question the answers and never be afraid to make a mistake, except on specimens! affraid

Have fun and enjoy! Smile

Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Hatfield on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:13 pm

I can't agree with you more. The site is wonderful.

Joe Hatfield

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom McCue on Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:44 pm

Fuzzy wrote:Hey Tom

With the level of enthusiastic passion that you obviously have I bet It wont be long before you have a nice collection of pleasing little trees. Keep asking questions and sometimes question the answers and never be afraid to make a mistake, except on specimens! affraid

Have fun and enjoy! Smile
Fuzzy! I've killed a few trees already. But hopefully learn from my mistakes.

Tom McCue

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony on Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:07 pm

EVERYONE on this site can learn something from the other members... IBC rocks coz folk give of their knowledge freely. PLUS the site is actively moderated, this keeps the spam out and the nutters to a minimum Embarassed

BTW when I told my brother that I am just of to check out the IBC he said 'Irritable bowel club?" you can choose your friends ...family.. I have three brothers and three sisters Rolling Eyes

Tony

Last edited by Tony on Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  gordonb on Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:09 am

Tony wrote:you can choose your friends ...family.. I have three brother sand three sisters Rolling Eyes
Tony

And are you the seventh (son) of a seventh ..?

I 'lurked' for many a month when I first started doing, rather than just reading-about, bonsai; Lots of information in these [web] pages!!, and, as Tony said, lots of information freely passed on. Great for information, and for inspiration. Just great, really! Very Happy

gordonb

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis on Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:21 pm

I agree, this forum is a blessing. I moved from an area (Northern VA/ Potomac Bonsai Association/ nine active clubs) with many active bonsai people to an area where there are a few people doing this art. I am trying to start a local club in Charlottesville, VA area. I have been networking and performing demos to get people started. Lucky for me, Glenn Reusch (Potomac viewing Stone Group) is local, and Julian Adams (Adams' Bonsai) is less than a two hour drive (Lynchburg, VA). The Richmond Bonsai Society is about an hour and a half drive away - another very active club.
Corresponding with you folks on this forum has been a "life saver"! A great way to get through the Winter "doldrums". Thank you, all!

Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:54 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum