Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hotels in Bath?

+11
geoff
fiona
gordonb
alex e
Jay Gaydosh
gman
Kev Bailey
Jeremy
Harleyrider
F. Waheedy
Stone Monkey
15 posters

Go down

Hotels in Bath? Empty Hotels in Bath?

Post  Guest Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:29 am

Just wondering if anyone can recomend cheap hotels in Bath, for the Joy of Bonsai? Would be good if a few of us were staying at the same place, for some reflective late night drinks Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Hotels in Bath? Empty Re: Hotels in Bath?

Post  Stone Monkey Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:58 pm

Good idea Will I have yet too book mine so would be good to know who is going where

Regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  F. Waheedy Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:49 pm

Count me IN Will and let me know when you've decided when you've what hotel you staying in.

Cheers,

Faisal
F. Waheedy
F. Waheedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:25 am

Alas, being poverty stricken means that I'm either going to have to make it a day trip, or convince the Moravian Bishop of Bath to put me up (she's a family friend, and no, she doesn't eat babies, before you ask!)
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:27 am

F. Waheedy wrote:Count me IN Will and let me know when you've decided when you've what hotel you staying in.

Cheers,

Faisal
Have been several times but only for the day. Was hoping that someone had stayed there before?

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:44 am

Hi,
In the past most have stayed in the exhibition hall in z-beds and sleeping bags over night.
Not sure if that is an option this time?
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:58 am

The first time I stayed upstairs in a Pub on Wells Road that was cheap and cheerful.

Last time I stayed overnight in an overpriced and very unfriendly B&B. Croissants and fruit for breakfast, at those prices, you've gotta be joking!

To add injury to insult, I couldn't stay for the exhibition as my daughter was rushed to hospital in Oxford with an appendix that was close to bursting. Cue 100mph drive from Bath to Oxford.

If the Z bed option isn't available, there's a youth hostel and a dormitory style backpackers place here http://www.hostels.co.uk/index.php?content=rates.htm at £12 to £19 apparently.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gman Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:54 pm

will baddeley wrote:Just wondering if anyone can recomend cheap hotels in Bath, for the Joy of Bonsai? Would be good if a few of us were staying at the same place, for some reflective late night drinks Very Happy
Cheap hotels in Bath!!, isn’t that an oxymoron? When we were there a couple of years ago the hotel prices equaled London…
gman
gman

Back to top Go down

Hotels in Bath? Empty Cheap hotels in Bath!!, isn’t that an oxymoron?

Post  Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:29 pm

gman wrote:Cheap hotels in Bath!!, isn’t that an oxymoron?
Gman... ha .. it took a Yank to expose the fact that Hotels in Bath are WAY over priced... but its supply and demand.

Carolyn and I are booked into 'The Ayrlington' close to the venue that is costing £120 ($195) per night for the room. this includes breakfast but more importantly a car parking space. (car parking for 24 hours can be as much as £18.00 in the city) I can walk to the show in 4 minutes... Is it good value? I will tell you after the event.

Back to top Go down

Hotels in Bath? Empty No "Yank" here

Post  gman Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:32 pm

Dear Tony,
Quote - "Gman... ha .. it took a Yank to expose the fact that Hotels in Bath are WAY over priced... but its supply and demand".
I'm not a "yank"....... I'm a CANUCK and just for the record.....born and raised in Storrington Sussex...then moved to “British” Columbia, Canada.
I think we paid the same kind of rate in May 07. Like I said a great city and great place for a pub crawl.......was also glad to see that small breweries are making a comeback......after that night I also now know why its called a "crawl".
G
gman
gman

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:53 pm

G... being called a Yank is I am fully aware the BIGGEST insult to a CANUCK .. I should have looked at the BC. My profound apologies my Maple leafed Fellow.

T

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:17 pm

As a Yank, I assure you, to half of America, being called a Yank isn't an insult. In defense of Robert E. Lee, them's fighting words! Me, although I currently reside in Illinois, I'm a Connecticut Yankee! ThumbsUp

For the sake of personal education... and for my ancestors who founded and settled the City of Quebec, I was under the understanding that a Canuck was a French Canadian. You are from Sussex (GB?) and reside in BC, would you be a Canuck.

Another Canadian question:

Africans are from Africa, Americans are from America, Scandinavians are from Scandinavia...

Shouldn't Canadians be from Canadia? Or, people from Canada be Canadans? thumbs up

Jay
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Hotels in Bath? Empty Hotels in Bath

Post  alex e Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi Will by far the best way is to do the B & B thing I was demoing
at the last J of B and stayed for the 2 days in one situated 2 minutes
from the Pavillion & 1 minute from a cracking pub where all the Bonsai
NUTTERS Laughing ended up congregating, with good beer we all ended
up playing skittles drunken drunken wish I could remember the Street
name ,it was dedicated to B&b,s, will find out keep posted
Alex

ps the street is PULTENEY GARDENS/STREET BA2 4HG ThumbsUp
alex e
alex e

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:27 am

alex e wrote:Hi Will by far the best way is to do the B & B thing I was demoing
at the last J of B and stayed for the 2 days in one situated 2 minutes
from the Pavillion & 1 minute from a cracking pub where all the Bonsai
NUTTERS Laughing ended up congregating, with good beer we all ended
up playing skittles drunken drunken wish I could remember the Street
name ,it was dedicated to B&b,s, will find out keep posted
Alex

ps the street is PULTENEY GARDENS/STREET BA2 4HG ThumbsUp
AAAAHHHat last!!!! I was begining to get concerned Sad Crackin Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Hotels in Bath? Empty hotels in Bath?

Post  gordonb Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:56 am

Used to be people asked about baths in hotels, not the other way round?!

gordonb

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:27 am

gordonb wrote:Used to be people asked about baths in hotels, not the other way round?!
Yeah. I thought that too. I blame all these home makeover shows on TV Hotels in Bath? Icon_cool

But I'm just being smug because my accommodation for the event is all sorted.

Last edited by fiona on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to put on my happy face)
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:00 am

fiona wrote:
gordonb wrote:Used to be people asked about baths in hotels, not the other way round?!
Yeah. I thought that too. I blame all these home makeover shows on TV Hotels in Bath? Icon_cool

But I'm just being smug because my accommodation for the event is all sorted.
Well I'm glad your all sorted Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post  geoff Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:07 am

Hi Will,
I'll be taking my caravan for a week, but if we are using a hotel we get one on laterooms.It also pays to find one just out of Bath and get the park and ride bus in, it's really expensive to park in town.
Geoff

geoff

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Hardman Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:13 am

Hi everyone,
the Wirral boys are all booked in and looking forward to another memorable show and the inevitable night out. Thanks for the information posted on this thread and looking forward to meeting some old and new friends.

Regards,
Andy.

Andy Hardman

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsai monkey Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:33 pm

Mr & Mrs Monkey are all booked and looking forward to catching up with the rest of the "Monkey Clan" monkey

Can't wait to meet up with the Wirral Crew again plus any IBC'ers that I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet Very Happy Very Happy
Love, Peace & Bananas,
Simon
bonsai monkey
bonsai monkey

Back to top Go down

Hotels in Bath? Empty Pubs in Bath

Post  Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:38 pm

Now you lot have got your beds sorted... now for refreshment... it looks like most of the boys will end up Here after they have eaten on Saturday night, its the closest 'Decent' Pub that does not serve beer at 'Bath Tourist' prices to the event.

Hotels in Bath? 10052503_gallery

That is unless any 'local' knows better?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:24 am

Hooray Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Just found and booked a B+B, so I'm afraid your going to have to put up with me afterall. Looks like I'll have to get myself a new dress Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Treebeard Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:16 am

The Royal Crescent Hotel is a half-decent place, by all accounts...

http://www.royalcrescent.co.uk/default.asp

... unfortunately it is looking more and more like I won't be able to attend, ill-health in the family Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Chris.
Treebeard
Treebeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:21 am

Treebeard wrote:The Royal Crescent Hotel is a half-decent place, by all accounts..http://www.royalcrescent.co.uk/default.asp... unfortunately it is looking more and more like I won't be able to attend, ill-health in the family Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Chris.

Hotels in Bath? 5

Hi Chris I have stayed at the Royal Crescent... it is a great hotel and has a Japanese Spa... but probably the most expensive hotel in the area. Rooms start at £240 per night not including breakfast. If you want luxury then this is the place. Shocked

Last edited by Tony on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:39 am

I am still trying to convince the boss of the household to make the trip to Bath, she said "take a shower!" lol!

I hope we can make it.

Peter

Last edited by landerloos on Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down