Aaaaargh and blast

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aaaaargh and blast

Post  JimLewis on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:17 pm

It's snowing again! 3-8 inches tonite supposedly. Ice tomorrow!

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Re: Aaaaargh and blast

Post  Kev Bailey on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:24 pm

Commiserations Jim, we are having it a lot colder than for many years too. Long range forecast is for two weeks of cold weather. It hailed a couple of inches at lunchtime today and there's more forecast over the weekend.

Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh on Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:10 am

How you gents ( and others ) getting cold blasts you are not accustomed to have had sufficient warning to get the trees out of harms way.

I hate winter, but at least we are used to preparing for it.

Hope all goes OK.

Jay

Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay R on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:18 pm

Jim, Everything is relative, you wold love it this morning here in northern Vermont. It was negative 12.1 F. The skies are blue with minimal wind, just a beautiful winter day. The mountains look wonderful with the sun kissing them and slowly allowing the day to come to life. AND.... my trees are still sleeping awaiting spring (Which I won't see to much much later than you).

Jay

Jay R

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:44 pm

Seven and a half inches! It is sleeting now. But it looks like we're near the end. (Knock on wood!)

Gonna be 11 F tonite.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:55 pm

Here in Denmark we got 30cm of snow last night, temp are below zero all day and night Evil or Very Mad
The weather forecast says 3 more weeks at least, man I hate snow and cold weather.

Peter

landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  chris on Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:15 pm

Hi Peter,
We had snow again in Wales last night, but nothing like what you have had and I know what you mean I used to love the winters in the past but the last few years have been hard work. Hope things pick up for everyone soon and did you get that small needle pine in the end if you did I'm sure that will keep you warm .
Looking forward to meeting again BURRS hopefully

Regards Chris

chris

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos on Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:41 pm

chris wrote:Hi Peter,
We had snow again in Wales last night, but nothing like what you have had and I know what you mean I used to love the winters in the past but the last few years have been hard work. Hope things pick up for everyone soon and did you get that small needle pine in the end if you did I'm sure that will keep you warm .
Looking forward to meeting again BURRS hopefully

Regards Chris

Hi Chris,
YES I did get the sylvestris cheers
And yes it will keep my mind warm together with the other Yamadori I bought, I begin transplanting soem of my trees tommorow.
The ones that have been inside are started to push leaves Embarassed a tad early but cant change it can I???
Hopefully I will attend Burrs, its in November so the monkey and myself can celebrate our birthdays together.

Nice to hear from you.
Kind regards
Peter (the belgian viking)

landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona on Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:05 pm

landerloos wrote:
chris wrote:Hi Peter..Looking forward to meeting again BURRS hopefully Regards Chris

Hopefully I will attend Burrs, its in November so the monkey and myself can celebrate our birthdays together. Kind regards
Peter (the belgian viking)

Now there are some good reasons for this Tartan McMonkey to start saving up so I can be there.

my website

fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Velodog2 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:10 pm

Getting 2-4" in DC today! I loves it. Great day for cuddling. Skied at Aspen last week. Yay winter!

Velodog2

Back to top Go down

Post  dorothy7774 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:55 pm

You guys are talking about that white stuff, aren't you?

-dorothy

dorothy7774

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:06 pm

Right now on Maui, Hawaii it's Cloudy: the temp is at 71 degrees: winds blowing NE at 9 mpr: humidity: 90%. (Woo-Hoo!!) Dancethumbs up thumbs up Dance

-Tim Cool

Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  chris on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:23 pm

Hi Tim and thanks I think that has made me feel a whole lot better !!!!!!!!!!
Regards Chris

chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:26 pm

chris wrote:Hi Tim and thanks I think that has made me feel a whole lot better !!!!!!!!!!
Regards Chris

Ha'ole Pilikea Mate!! (No Problem) I'll send some sunshine towards your way!! lol!

-Tim Cool

Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  Velodog2 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:27 pm

Lol, don't bring race into this.

dorothy7774 wrote:You guys are talking about that white stuff, aren't you?

-dorothy

Velodog2

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:36 pm

Thank goodness for our Subaru. It made it out and back on our steep, twisty drive with no problems. Most everyone else -- especially the locals who drive pickup trucks -- are still snowed in and will be for a while.

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm on Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:09 pm

I actually love winter.. Fantastic to be outside in the clear air. Walking without swetting. Could just put some clothes on and have the perfect temperature, instead of taking clothes off and still be too hot.
The only problem is that the trees arent growing!

Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:34 pm

Storm wrote:I actually love winter.. Fantastic to be outside in the clear air. Walking without swetting. Could just put some clothes on and have the perfect temperature, instead of taking clothes off and still be too hot.
The only problem is that the trees arent growing!

You'd almost have to love winter in Norway, wouldn't you? I'll happily send you all of mine. Cool

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:24 pm

And mine.

I really think I am more genetically programmed for a climate that supports, oh let's say, Bougainvillea than the one in which I currently reside.

But tell me: can anyone remember the vile winter clothes they wore they invented trendy fleeces? Oh no - I shouldn't have said that as I'm now having flash backs to years as a child of ghastly winter coats, anoraks and furry hats and boots - each one more hideous than the one before it. And mitten gloves on elastic threaded through your coat sleeves. Yeuch! after all that wardrobe trauma, how did I ever grow up to be so sane?

my website

fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh on Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:34 pm

fiona wrote: Yeuch! after all that wardrobe trauma, how did I ever grow up to be so sane?

Fiona:
Regarding sanity, is that REALLY a question you want answered! jocolor

Jim
How are the trees holding up? With any luck, it will all melt off quickly.

Jay

Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:46 pm

Well, my trees still wish they lived in Florida. They're sulking.

However, I have a small winter hazel and a couple of flowering quince that are just about to bloom.

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:40 pm

We are expecting 5 inches MORE SNOW tonight and tomorrow.

What have we done to deserve this!?

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:24 pm

Not good, Jim. We had that last Wednesday and there are still traces on the ground. Hard freezes last night and again already tonight are not helping. Nice sunshine during today though for the first time since the turn of the year.

my website

fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:33 pm

That sunshine today was a treat. I managed to start my repotting.

Hope your snows abate and melt soon Jim.

Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn on Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:22 am

JimLewis wrote:We are expecting 5 inches MORE SNOW tonight and tomorrow.

What have we done to deserve this!?

Umm...you moved from Florida?? Spring will be here soon... Cool

John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:32 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum