What a member!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What a member!

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:25 pm

Moderators might think this a bit late and as Alain pointed out, How's about a vote for members of the forum. Moderators not included?
Dorothy and Pavel get my vote.........

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What a member!

Post  fiona on Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:36 pm

Alain's point - "ni maitre, ni dieu" (neither master nor god) if I remember correctly - was that everybody on the forum should get an "award", not just a few singled out. (Apologies, Alain, if that's not what you meant)


I think we put this award stuff to bed for the year lest it diminishes what is a good idea in principle. Maybe next Christmas?

_________________
"Espouse elucidation"
_____________________________________

my website

fiona
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: What a member!

Post  AlainK on Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:39 pm

Yeah, that's right.

Or is it?

From [any name you like] to [any name you -don't- like], I think the cult of personality is a dead-end. The only thing you learn this way is how to be part of the flock, in my opinion.

If there had been a thread "What part of the world do you think is heading for the future?", I would have voted for Eastern Europe, not for a single person.

That's probably cultural, I don't believe in a "provindential saviour", or leader, or master, I believe in people sharing knowledge and means to better themselves as a whole, not to follow a trend.

No harm intended, just a personal opinion that no one has to share if they don't like.

Wink

AlainK
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: What a member!

Post  AlainK on Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:43 pm

..and what about my member?

Don't you like red?...

Laughing

(this post is a bit off-colour, I will remove it soon... Embarassed )

AlainK
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: What a member!

Post  fiona on Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:13 pm

Nah. Leave it on. It's in keeping with the title of Will's original thread - showing that very English ooh er missus, naughty naughty humour. And anyway, I like your big red thing in the avatar.

The cult of the personality eh? If there's one thing that turns me off just now it's the whole "celebrity" business. Annoyances include people who are famous for being famous, TV programmes no longer fronted by experts but by celebrities yada yada. Yeuch.

Difficult not to get sucked in every so often but I do my best to avoid it.

It's a bit like gossip though: you hate to pass it on but what else can you do with it?

Keep doing whatcha do, Alain.

_________________
"Espouse elucidation"
_____________________________________

my website

fiona
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: What a member!

Post  Tony on Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:39 pm

Whats wrong with being famous?



Tony

Tony
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: What a member!

Post  fiona on Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:46 pm

Now Tony. There are those of us on here who know you well and, more importantly, who know the nature of one of the presents you got for your 50th birthday. (Allegedly!)


So, tell us: how many wax strips would it take to get your chest that smooth?

_________________
"Espouse elucidation"
_____________________________________

my website

fiona
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: What a member!

Post  AlainK on Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:03 pm

Oï lass!
I like the distance you are taking with petty considerations, and along with Tony's contributions, I like the tone of this development.
Aye, no ranting, but a real kind of good humour to put things where they ought to be.
Cool

AlainK
Member


Back to top Go down

"What a member"

Post  alex e on Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:49 pm

AlainK wrote:Yeah, that's right.

Or is it?

From [any name you like] to [any name you -don't- like], I think the cult of personality is a dead-end. The only thing you learn this way is how to be part of the flock, in my opinion.

If there had been a thread "What part of the world do you think is heading for the future?", I would have voted for Eastern Europe, not for a single person.

That's probably cultural, I don't believe in a "provindential saviour", or leader, or master, I believe in people sharing knowledge and means to better themselves as a whole, not to follow a trend.

No harm intended, just a personal opinion that no one has to share if they don't like.

Wink
Alaink BRAVO BRAVO Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
ThumbsUp

Alex e

alex e
Member


Back to top Go down

What a member"

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:09 am

alex e wrote:
AlainK wrote:Yeah, that's right.

Or is it?

From [any name you like] to [any name you -don't- like], I think the cult of personality is a dead-end. The only thing you learn this way is how to be part of the flock, in my opinion.

If there had been a thread "What part of the world do you think is heading for the future?", I would have voted for Eastern Europe, not for a single person.

That's probably cultural, I don't believe in a "provindential saviour", or leader, or master, I believe in people sharing knowledge and means to better themselves as a whole, not to follow a trend.

No harm intended, just a personal opinion that no one has to share if they don't like.

Wink
Alaink BRAVO BRAVO Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
ThumbsUp

Alex e
I'll get my coat!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What a member!

Post  fiona on Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:16 am

will baddeley wrote: I'll get my coat!!
Definitely have to give up the Northerner idea then. They wander about Newcastle in short sleeves in sub-zero temperatures. Not even us Jocks are that daft!

You stay where you are and get yourself a nice new coat in the January sales to match that frock.

_________________
"Espouse elucidation"
_____________________________________

my website

fiona
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: What a member!

Post  Harleyrider on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:38 pm

You do realise, I suppose, Tony, that picturing yourself with La Price means your career is going to go down the pan at any second?

Harleyrider
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: What a member!

Post  dorothy7774 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:51 am

will baddeley wrote:Moderators might think this a bit late and as Alain pointed out, How's about a vote for members of the forum. Moderators not included?
Dorothy and Pavel get my vote.........

Very sweet of you, Will..Pavel would get my vote too! Heck, I would even let him style one of my trees. Wink

AlainK wrote:Yeah, that's right.

Or is it?

From [any name you like] to [any name you -don't- like], I think the cult of personality is a dead-end. The only thing you learn this way is how to be part of the flock, in my opinion.

If there had been a thread "What part of the world do you think is heading for the future?", I would have voted for Eastern Europe, not for a single person.

That's probably cultural, I don't believe in a "provindential saviour", or leader, or master, I believe in people sharing knowledge and means to better themselves as a whole, not to follow a trend.

No harm intended, just a personal opinion that no one has to share if they don't like.

Wink

Oh wow, I think I should move back to Europe..Southern Europe..actually Eastern Southern Europe it is..no, wait, it is Central Europe really.. Well, I guess I'll stay here where I am, in the US..Southern part..Southern Western really..or not?

-dorothy...dorothea..dot..d.. Suspect

dorothy7774
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: What a member!

Post  Tony on Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:58 am

I am a friend of dorothy...dorothea..dot..d..... if you get my drift Mad

Harleyrider wrote:You do realise, I suppose, Tony, that picturing yourself with La Price means your career is going to go down the pan at any second?

Over the years Jordan has had her knockers, I will keep abreast of developments.

Tony

Tony
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: What a member!

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:30 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum